ChApTeR oNe

-october 2018-

«jennie kim»

i woke up by the sound of my alarm. i groaned and sat up, my vision still blurry.

"jennie~" my mother open the door and i stared at her, "someone is waiting for you"

'right' i thought.

i nodded and gestured my mom to leave, and she did. i stood up and went to my closet, taking a random set of clothes and jogged towards my bathroom.

<><><>

"bye mom i'll be back tomorrow!" i shouted from outside, knowing that she was inside the kitchen. before she could answer, i closed the door and stared at the girl in front of me.

"did he really told you to go alone? that gang is dangerous" jisoo asked. i sighed deeply when i remembered something, "you do know that taehyung was actually from azotic topaz right?" i saw her face changing almost instantly, "yeah, he was sent by their leader right? i can't believe he's been acting all good for the past three years"

kim taehyung joined bangtan ever since 2016. he was sent by his leader to destroy bangtan, which were their rival. i joined the company in 2017, so i didn't know the whole story.

<><><>

i reached towards the meeting room and knocked twice before slowly opening the door. "ah, jennie kim! come in come in," kim namjoon, the leader of bangtan invited me in.

the four other men sat straight while frowning. i mean, who would've thought your teammate turned out to be in one of the most dangerous gangs in the world and that everything they did was planned from the beginning?

"alright kim. did suga explained every detail to you already?" i nodded

as what namjoon said, he sent me the location. jungkook, who namjoon ordered to company me to the location, stood by the wall with his attention towards his phone.

"come on jeon we don't have time" i walked pass him and open the door of the porsche. jungkook jogged to the drivers side and quickly went in.

the ride towards the location turned out more tensed than before, as i searched through all the information back to back. "why is hyung letting you go alone? isn't it dangerous?" jungkook asked when the car stopped at a red light. i sighed in frustration as i remembered the same question was asked by jisoo this morning, "none of us will trust each other for a while after he lied to all of us. this isn't the first time they set this up, i—" i sighed and decided not to continue. the whole crew didn't know what happened before me, jisoo and lisa joined the company. jungkook nod his head understandingly and started driving again.

<><><>

it was night time when we arrived since it was quite far from seoul. "you ready?" i shook my head at jungkook's question. but we both knew i need to do my mission ASAP.

"stay at a nearby hotel, i'm not letting you drive at this time and i might need you for emergency" i explained. jungkook nodded and gave me a small device followed by a necklace, "this is a small recorder so make sure it's on all the time. the necklace tracks your whereabouts so if the recorder isn't functioning well we can track you, okay? be safe noona" i smiled and ruffled his hair. "i'm just a year older don't call me noona, but i'll be as careful as i can" i finally went out of the car and close it with force.

the song boomed into my ears as soon as i walked inside the club. drunk people dancing, making out, drinking their asses off were all around the place, i swore i saw a guy throwing up onto a girl dress. i chuckled bitterly and quickly sat on an unoccupied high chair by the bar. one of the bartender noticed my presence and walk their way up to me, "good day, lady" he smiled.

i just bow my head a little and my eyes went to his pin;

cha eunwoo

so this is it.

this is where azotic topaz always go.

the sudden groans and gunshots woke me up from the small trance as one by one people were either screaming or getting shot. realization hit me and i ran towards the hallways that lead to the restrooms.

«???»

me and my teammates were heading to our normal place to celebrate my return after three years of separation.

i was just observing my friends as they shoot everyone inside the room except for cha eunwoo, of course. but my eyes squinted as i saw a familiar back running towards the restroom.

"tae," i flinched and i look around, not surprised by the amount of dead bodies. "are you okay?" i soon realized that all of them were staring right at me. they all circled around me as i whispered something,

«jennie kim»

"are you okay?" i saw joohyun ask. all of them circled around him and from there i cursed when i couldn't hear what they were saying.

taehyung's there

she's there

i counted how many members there were and panicked when one of them weren't there. all of a sudden i felt a presence beside me and my eyes widened,

"you're quite a hider, don't you think?"

and everything turned black.