Chapter 11

Michelle looked up to see that everyone sitting around the gate starting to stand. Peter and Ned stood as well, clearly ready to board the plane, but Michelle knew better and remained in her seat. In fact, except for her, Coach Wilson and Ms Warren, everyone else had stood up. "Aren't you going to get up?" Ned asked her. Peter looked down, waiting for her answer as well. She shrugged, "No." The both of them looked immediately confused. "But we're boarding?" Ned said. Peter didn't do anything but watch the exchange, clearly also curious but knew better than to question Michelle, as usually she was right in these circumstances.

"No, First Class is boarding. Then Business Class will board. We're Economy, so we board after First and Business. It'll probably take about ten minutes or so, if you also count people with small children and babies boarding before everyone else. Have you two flown many times before?" In the corner of her eye she spotted Peter smirk mischievously, and was clearly about to say something cheeky. "Swinging doesn't count as flying," Michelle quickly said, knowing exactly what he had thought. His smirk disappeared but came back after clearly finding another loophole. "Getting a lift from Iron Man doesn't count either."

His smirk disappeared yet again. Ned was trying to hold back a chuckle. "Well, I've only been on a plane twice, but both times it was in Mr Stark's private jet, and it was only me and Happy on the plane." Michelle laughed warmly at his slightly embarrassed expression before nodding her head. "Ned?" He shook his head, "No, I've never flown before." Michelle nodded knowingly. "Okay, so you guys can either choose to keep standing but not go anywhere for the next ten minutes, or you could sit back down. Up to you."

Unsurprisingly to her, the both of them sat back down, causing her to chuckle. As she had predicted, it had taken about ten minutes to board First and Business class, and now it was Economy's turn. When the overhead announcement called all of Economy class to now board, everyone who wasn't already standing got to their feet and approached the gate entrance. Michelle moved herself in front of Peter and Ned, as she had the window seat and would need to go first. Slowly the line moved and eventually she was at the desk. She handed her ticket to the flight attendant, who promptly scanned it and nodded for her to walk down the tunnel.

Backpack on her shoulder, Michelle walked down the tunnel and approached the plane. Ahead of her were the teachers, who all should have looked calm and well-practised at boarding a plane, however Mr Harrington kept tripping over his untied shoelaces and was trying to keep his bag from falling off his shoulder. A few other students were ahead of her, one of whom was Flash, who was looking around like this was his plane and that he owned the place.

Eventually the tunnel ended and they made it to the plane door. After quickly looking behind her to make sure that Peter and Ned were following her, Michelle showed her ticket to another flight attendant, who told her to walk through to the other side of the plane and to continue right. Why do they tell people to go right when it is pretty obvious that all of the seats are that way? The only thing that's left is the cockpit.

Brushing her thoughts off, she did as the lady instructed and began to walk down the isle. She was around the middle of the plane when she reached row 42. "This it?" She heard Peter say behind her, probably because she had stopped walking. "Yup," she said as she swiftly threw her backpack into the overhead locker. Taking her cue, Peter and Ned also took off their bags and put them into the overhead locker, and by the time they did this Michelle had already moved over and sat beside the window. Peter moved in beside her and the Ned sat in the isle seat. "Huh, these seats have actually got a fair amount of leg room. Better than some of the flights I've been on," Michelle said, more to herself than addressing Peter or Ned.

"Pretty comfy. How long is the flight again?" Peter asked. Michelle tapped the small display, bringing the screen to life. She saw in the bottom corner that the predicted flight time was 5 hours and 13 minutes. She tapped Peter's thigh to get his attention before pointing at the bottom of the screen. "Oh, that's cool. How do they know that its exactly five hours and thirteen minutes though?" She shrugged. "The time can change but its currently just an estimation based on the weather and air traffic I guess."

They each watched the rest of their group find their seats and fumble with their hand luggage. Eventually everyone had sat down, Mr Harrington had re-tied his laces, and they were now waiting to board. "How good are your ears with pressure?" Michelle asked, the question popping into her head. Peter said that his were always fine, but Ned said that sometimes they popped with just going up an elevator. "Okay, well as a warning, it may get quite painful for you. Jake has really bad ears when it comes to flying, and we had to get him specific plugs to help them not be as painful. Just a heads up."

Her smiled at her, "Okay, thanks. Well noted. I will keep an ear out for that. Ha, get it? Cause ear?" He then broke off into a fit of laughter, but Peter and Michelle both chuckled at the bad pun. It took about twenty minutes before the plane started to move, and it certainly was entertaining for Michelle to watch Ned's slightly terrified expression as they lined up to take off. Michelle smirked, "Did you know that the most dangerous time in a flight is during take-off and landing?" She just saw both Peter and Ned's expressions change from discomfort to slight terror before the engines roared and starting its ascent. Laughing manically internally, she sat back and watched as the world outside the window became smaller and smaller.

After a while, the seatbelt sign went off and the plane began to level out. "We survived," she said, turning to look at Ned and Peter, who both laughed with relief. "How were your ears, Ned?" Peter asked. He shrugged. "Bit painful but not to bad. Does this thing have movies?" Michelle nodded, "Yeah they usually do. There are headphones in the pocket." They each reached down and pulled out their headphones, and within a few minutes they were each peacefully watching their respective movies. Michelle looked to the left and wasn't surprised to see that they had both chosen a Star Wars movie. If my memory is correct, the one Peter is watching is A New Hope, the first one that was made, and the one Ned is watching is The Phantom Menace, the first one in chronological order.

Michelle had decided to watch the movie adaptation of 1984, which she had nearly jumped in excitement when she saw was included in the inflight entertainment. After nearly twenty minutes of watching, Michelle felt something warm tug at and encase her hand. She looked down and saw that Peter had taken her hand in his, resting their hands on his lap. She also noticed that he had moved the arm rest between them up at some point.

Michelle could feel her cheeks warm up, and tried to force the blush away. Okay, okay okay okay he is cute but don't let him see you blush JUST BECAUSE he held your hand. She heard him chuckle beside her, so clearly her attempt at shielding her flustered self failed. A second later she felt something warm and soft brush against her cheek. He kissed my cheek. Why? WHY IS HE SO DETERMINED TO MAKE ME SUFFER???!!! ... Okay that was a little overdramatic but still WHY?!

The rest of the flight was spent with them each watching movies and with Michelle's hand in Peters. As she had predicted, the both of them got up twice to go to the bathroom, whereas she didn't get up at all. Before they knew it, the seatbelt sign came back on and the pilot announced to everyone onboard that they were starting their descent into Utah. Michelle looked out the window and felt a jump of excitement when all she could see below was white. She felt Peter lean into her to also look out and could guess that Ned was trying to look out as well. Michelle whispered endearingly to the both of them, "Welcome to Utah, losers."

A/N- Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

If you did, please vote, comment your thoughts and follow me for updates!

😊