Chapter Twelve

Keigo taps his fingers against the polished mahogany of Endeavor's desk. He can't keep himself from fidgeting as he eyes the hero. Endeavor is standing with his back to Keigo, looking out of the window. From the occasional pop from the orange and red flames, Keigo knows that Endeavor is furious.

Keigo's feathers stir when Endeavor suddenly turns to face with with a glower more intense than even the sun. He promptly stops fidgeting for a moment, thrown off guard by the scowling glare.

"Hawks, my son is still absent." Those words are spoken so calmly and quietly that Keigo finds himself wishing that Endeavor would be screaming at him instead. Endeavor has always been the type to explode with anger but this calm and seething fury fills him with the feeling of sinking dread.

"I know." Keigo freely admits. "I can't really be convincing him to come back to the light side when you have me here, now can I?" He prods with a wry grin. Placing his hands in his lap, he begins to scratch at the insides of his glove. Perhaps his last attempt wasn't the most professional and poise way to get Natsuo back. In his defense, he had been freaking out. Keigo is tired, he doesn't even remember the last time that he had gotten more than two hours of sleep.

"Hawks, you know full well how I think of your poor sense of humor." Endeavor growls out.

"Right." Keigo nods, his migraine is getting worse and the only thought that's even going through his mind right now is coffee. Endeavor stalks over in front of him. Despite the man giving off the almost blinding light of fire, Keigo is cast in his shadow as he glances up at the hero.

"Hawks, I will give you until tomorrow night. I am going to the Musutafu Private Psychiatric Hospital tomorrow evening. There are things that I must discuss with my wife and by the time I arrive back at the manor, I expect Natsuo to be there as well. Do I make myself clear?"

"Crystal clear." Keigo replies, his grin falters. Endeavor stares at him for a moment more before telling him to get out of his sight. Standing up, Keigo is happy to oblige that particular request. As he reaches for the door, Endeavor clears his throat. Looking over his shoulder, he watches Endeavor closely.

"Hawks, if you are unable to take care of this- I will." There's an underlying threat in Endeavor's voice. Keigo simply bows his head and steps out from the office, shutting the door behind him.

Tilting his head back, he winces as the sharp bite of the alcohol floods his mouth and coats his tongue. Typically, Keigo is a social drinker and even then, he prefers to stick to beer. A cold hand claps him on the back, turning to see the owner of the hand, he's greeted with a white mask decorated in intricate black loops.

"I believe." Mister Compress starts, his deep voice is muffled from behind his mask. "This is the first time that I've witnessed you drink any sort of spirits. Is there by chance, something weighing down on your mind?" Keigo's eyes drift down to the hand still resting on his back and he only gives a shrug in reply.

Mister Compress nods and sits down next to him. Reaching for the slim bottle, he produces a shot glass and pours himself a drink. Keigo watches the clear liquid fill the glass. Mister Compress sets the bottle down between the both of them and swirls the shot glass in his hand for a moment. With his other hand, Mister Compress takes off his mask. To Keigo's curiosity, there's a balaclava mask underneath his first mask. Though, Keigo isn't entirely surprised. Honey brown eyes glitter over at Keigo and Mister Compress's lips lift up into a soft smile before knocking back the drink.

"I am more of a brandy man, myself." Mister Compress admits, coughing softly. "Though I suppose there's nothing wrong with the occasional indulgence of vodka." Keigo stays silent for a moment.