Chapter Thirty-Four

Tomura takes his time in answering Natsuo's question. Neither of them say anything and Tomura's unblinking gaze doesn't reveal anything that might be on his mind. Despite Tomura's silence, Natsuo knows that this is just a front. He knows that Tomura wants his plan to work, in his own way. Though Natsuo occasionally finds himself wishing that Tomura was being just a little more cooperative. They've been staring at each other for the past five minutes.

"Why do you think that I would agree to this?" Tomura eventually asks, his voice nothing more than a bored and low purr. He spies the playful smirk that tugs at the corner of Tomura's pale lips, the spindling scar on the left side of his mouth pulls the smirk into something more crooked and playful.

Ruby red eyes gaze back at him, watching him fondly and the smirk turns more tender. Even without speaking, Natsuo knows that he already won. Tomura may never outright admit it but Natsuo has him wrapped around his finger.

Not that he would ever abuse that. Natsuo just finds it baffling.

"Well," Natsuo shifts closer to Tomura and presses a chaste kiss against his lips. "It would be a good way to get others to listen to what you have to say. Besides, everyone else in the League has told their story. For my plan to work, the leader of the League of Villains has to tell his story too. Please?" Natsuo kisses Tomura again and when he pulls away, he does his best puppy dog eyes.

Tomura's eyes narrow just a fraction before he slumps and rubs the back of his neck with a weary sigh.

"I won't tell them my whole life story and I won't talk for more than ten minutes. Got it?" Tomura tries to give him a stern glower but Natsuo knows him too well to be properly intimidated. Instead, he scrambles for his camera and gets it ready. "I mean it, Natsuo. I'm not going to talk about anything too personal."

"Okay, anything will be more than enough anyway." Natsuo grins, the faintest of blushes dust across Tomura's cheeks and he looks away with a grumble. After Natsuo has everything ready, Tomura finally looks back at him.

"Let's get this over with."

Tomura looks straight into the camera. For as long as Tomura had been in the spotlight of the media, he had always been painted as some sort of feral and heartless beast. However now, it's the complete opposite. Something Natsuo had always taken pride in is the fact that Tomura started to take care of himself. With a little bit of hard work and patience, the irritated skin around Tomura's eyes had mostly subsided and his lips are no longer chapped. Now, he looks far more soft and healthier and a lot more happier versus the time he had first met Tomura. He looks human now.

"I'm not going to bother to introduce myself." Tomura states bluntly. "We all know why I'm here, being recorded. I'm not going to stand here and paint a pretty picture full of lies for you. The commission is shit and you're all fools for so willingly believing everything they say." There's an angry light in his eyes. Tomura pauses and runs a hand through his hair, a lot of the black dye has washed out and white strands shine through. After regaining his composure, he sighs and starts to talk again.

"My friends and family, colleagues, neighbors and strangers. Now is the time for a revolution. Riots take place every day. Riots that are calling for a new change, your brothers and sisters are already out there alongside us- fighting for a new and just future. No longer will we be like sitting ducks. It's our time to take matters into our own hands. I and the rest of my League are dedicating our lives for this change that not only Japan, but the rest of the world needs. Down with the corruption. Down with the scum who have power. Down with the heroes. It is our time to take back what has been stolen from us. This is our country, built up from our blood, sweat and tears. We all outnumber the heroes and the safety commission. What do we have to be afraid of? Listen to me, what's going on now is shit. What will go on tomorrow is shit. We have the power to change that. If we don't, your children and their children will be dealing with the issues we should've solved decades ago. Right now, we are living through history. This will be in textbooks for the remainder of time and it's time that you sit back and ask yourself on which side of history were you on." Tomura then looks over at Natsuo and without a word, moves to the bed to continue his game. Intense battle music fills the comfortable silence between them.