4

Chirp chirp

The curtains were drawn open as rays of light poured into her chambers through the window. Isa turned her back away from the window and groaned groggily. She pulled her comforter up to cover her eyes from the blinding Sun.

"Xy, go away. It's too early." Isa mumbled under the warm covers.

"Wake up your highness, it's already 8 in the morning."

"..." Isa didn't bother to give her a reply.

"Your mother promised to help you with your powers in the garden Isa..." She threw off the covers and headed straight for the bathroom to have a bath. A day where her mother would finally volunteer to train her powers is not easy to come by. She thoroughly washed herself and grabbed a convenient and comfortable attire to wear for her training this morning. She chose a tight, fitting white tank top, to avoid the shirt from flailing around the wind as she carried out physical training and short jeans for convenience. 

"I'm going first Xy." Before Isa made it out the door, Xyria stopped her from leaving her chambers.

"Your breakfast Isa. Your mother doesn't intend for you to skip it just because of training." Xyria lifted a tray of food, which she had laid on the work desk before waking Isa up.

"..... My mum still knows me the best." Isa commented and threw a glance at her breakfast. The simple tray consisted of scrambled eggs, perfectly sliced avocados, few slices of raw salmon and to top it off with berries smoothie. She had no idea why Ethan liked berries so much that he had to ask Farah to include them into the daily menu. Isa savored her breakfast while the butterflies outside danced in the wind. 

"Alright I'm done. Thank you Xy." Isa flew out of her chambers and straight to the garden where the Royal Family would enjoy the four seasons there, enjoying the scenery as the trees blossomed flowers, withered, leaves falling from them and snow gathering on the thick and thin branches. By the time she finally reached the garden, her mother was busy admiring the glory of the snow. 

"Mum." Xylona turned around at the sound of her daughter's voice. 

"There you are sweetie, you took forever. I thought you were never going to come but looks like I'm going to have to train you after all." Xylona smiled.

"Haha very funny mum. Plus, you wanted me to have my breakfast. The blame's on you." She glared at her mum. 

"Don't you glare at me sweetie. It's for your own good. I don't need you fainting out of me all of a sudden. Plus, you said you want to start learning your powers and harnessing them fully."

"Point taken. Alright, let's start!" Xylona nodded and started demonstrating her powers to Isa.

"Alright, show me what you can do!" Isa hesitantly raised her hand and tried her best to summon a spell or anything in this case. 

"Grrr..." She glared at her hand so hard, wishing that a small ball of fire would just pop out of nowhere. She continued to glare daggers at her hand like it had commit a grave mistake. Well, in this case for her it did...

"Sweetie... you don't just glare at your hand waiting for something to pop up out of nowhere. Try closing your eyes and imagine a ball of fire slowly appearing in your hand." She said sweetly. Isa closed her eyes and took a deep breath then she started getting in touch with her imagination. She imagined that a ball of fire slowly forming in her palm, it wasn't big but it was a start. She felt a warm sensation travelling down her arm and her hand started warming up. Xylona gasped softly and clapped encouragingly. 

"Good work sweetie! Keep going!" She focused more on the image of a ball of fire slowly increasing in size and let her mind take control of the rest. She peeked through one of her eyes, revealing a small fire glowing above her hand. Isa gasped and started squealing at the mere sight of it. Her mother keep encouraging her with harder spells rather than just summoning fire. This continued for hours and hours.