Billy Hargrove-Save Me

Your POV

The cold water hits me like a million needles. I couldn't see anything for the sun shining in my eyes. Summer had always been fun for me, but when you're getting bullied and you can swim, it's not so fun anymore. I struggled for air as I opened up my eyes underwater to see legs and some kids with goggles on.

I couldn't think or breathe. I jump slightly underwater when I feel arms wrap around my waist and pull me up above water. Blue eyes connect with my own eyes. "Get me out of the water, please," I say, scared to death. "Don't worry, I gotcha," he said back.

He swims over to the side with me in his arms. He lifts me up and sits me on the side while he stays in the pool. "You ok, Y/L/N?" He asks.

"I'm fine, thanks, Hargrove," I said. I know Billy Hargrove because we went to school together before we graduated. I look around to find all of the moms staring at us in jealousy. "You always get looks from married moms?" I ask, laughing. Billy lifts himself up to sit beside of me.

"Yeah, but mostly Mrs. Wheeler. She's all over me," Billy says, not being an asshole for once. I laugh and catch my breath from the water. "Thanks for saving me, Billy," I say. His eyes travel up and down me. "No problem." Voices were heard from behind me and I look back to see the older boy who pushed me in.

His name is Gary. He always bullied me in high school before Billy came. Gary came over and asked me, "how was the water?" Him and his little posse laughed behind me. Billy stood up and got in Gary's face. "Leave her alone. Can you swim? No? I'm sure you wouldn't like it if I pushed you in," Billy said.

When Gary didn't answer, Billy grabbed him by the shirt collar and pushed him into the pool. I watched as he struggled to come back up to the surface. "Billy, um, maybe you should save him," I say, looking up at him. He looks down at me and denies. "He knows how to swim, Y/N, he's just faking it," Billy says.

I ignore him and look back at Gary who stops struggling. "See, told you." I smile at Billy. "Do you wanna go do something when I don't have to work?" Billy asks. I nod. "Sure, is like to," I replied. Billy helps me up and I wrap my arms around him, not wanting to let go. "Thanks for saving my life, Hargrove."

Tell me in the comment how this was. I know this one is awful because I rushed it. Sorry!
      This is my new name on here
            —Purple💜