Anxiety

"Hey Sera, I'm home!" John announced as he walked through the door. Sera looked up from her position on the couch towards him with a smile.

"Welcome back." She took note of the bruise on John's cheek. "Who did you fight this time?"

"A mid-tier I was able to defeat easily. I think his name was Hower," John dismissively said as he took off his backpack and set it on the floor. He sat down next to Seraphina, who immediately turned and put her legs in his lap.

Seraphina snorted. "I can only imagine how they would react if they ever found out your ability."

John stiffened. "Ugh, I don't even want to know. Elaine already avoids me like the plague."

"Wait, what? Why is Elaine avoiding you?"

John cursed under his breath. "Uh... Well, you know how I got jumped by Arlo, Ventus, and Melli right?"

"Yeah." As soon as she returned to school, Seraphina was going to give Arlo a piece of her mind. I'm so going to beat his ass.

"I'm assuming Elaine was healing their wounds prior to you calling her to heal me. She figured out I had fought them because of the wounds I had."

"Oh... Is that why she left so quickly?"

"Well..." John ran a hand through his hair, nervous about how Seraphina would react. "I told her to not tell anyone about what happened."

"Dang, are you that scary?"

John shrugged. "I guess so..."

The two god-tiers sat in silence for a little bit. "Does anyone else at school know about your ability? Besides Arlo, Elaine, Ventus, and Melli?"

"Isen most certainly knows. The idiot tried to pry into my past, probably at Arlo's request. Lately he has been more cautious towards me and has interfered multiple times when I had to deal with bullies. I'm pretty sure he accessed my records, because there's no other reason as to why he's suddenly acting all buddy-buddy towards me," John explained, irritated. He leaned his head back against the couch and sighed. "Why couldn't Arlo just leave me alone? Why did he have to try to drag me back into the hierarchy?"

"Hey, don't worry about him. He hasn't done anything else since you beat him, right? He may be an asshole, but he's not stupid. I think he'll just leave you alone from now on."

"It still doesn't change the fact that several people now know that I'm not a cripple. They may be quiet for now, but sooner or later, I might have to deal with the whole school knowing about me," John looked frightened. "What if this ends up being like New Bostin again? What if I lose control? What if-"

Noticing John was seconds away from a panic attack, she hopped up from the couch and put her hands on his shoulders and looked into his eyes.

"John, calm down," Seraphina said sternly. "You won't lose control, I'll make sure of that. Now that I know about your ability and your past, I can support you. Also, you're not the guy you were two years ago. New Bostin won't happen again, I promise."

John relaxed. "You're right, I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize, you didn't do anything wrong. Just understand that I will always be here for you."

"Thank you." John said, smiling at Seraphina.

A/N: Sorry about the short chapter, I wanted to get this out while I was thinking about it. The next chapter will hopefully be out within a week or two. Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment and vote! <3