Rescued

Seraphina watched in a daze as the mid-tiers bickered about what to do with her. She had been stuck here since yesterday, beaten mercilessly by vengeful students who wanted to "put the former Ace in her place." She held back a sob as her wounds throbbed in agony. She hoped that someone, anyone , would save her from this pain.

John... Would he even know where to find me? Does he even know I'm missing? Would he blow his cover to find me? A tear slipped from Seraphina's eyes. She knew that John was trying his best to protect her while remaining a cripple, but even she knew that with so many students targeting her, it was getting more difficult for John to hide his ability. Multiple times she has seen his eyes glow momentarily before he regained control of himself. Now that she was powerless, she had become such a burden to protect. She hated it. She had no more worth, no more influence. She was useless.

Seraphina heard a door slam open, then footsteps. The mid-tiers paused in their arguing to see who arrived, and were shocked to see John, his eyes glowing a bright gold.

He came for me. Seraphina smiled at John. "About time."

The mid-tiers were in shock. The cripple has powers? John moved past them to Seraphina, untying her from the pole and healing her injuries.

"What did they do to you?" John asked, rage building in his face as he looked over her numerous injuries. It unnerved Seraphina, she had never seen him so angry before.

"HEY! YOU BETTER GET AWAY FROM HER OR ELSE I'LL PUT YOU DOWN TOO!" Illena yelled, having recovered from her shock. She activated her ability, her eyes glowing a bright blue.

John turned around and got up, his fists clenched. Seraphina had a feeling that things were not going to end well for Illena and the others.

"Try me, you piece of trash." John growled.

Illena ran towards him, enraged. John dodged the attack and kicked the brunette so hard she flew into the wall. Blood dripped from her lips and head as she slumped over, unconscious. John walked towards the brunette and grabbed her by the collar of her shirt, readying a punch.

"HEY! GET AWAY FROM HER!" Wenqi yelled, activating her ability and sprinting towards John. The god-tier dropped Illena, sidestepped Wenqi, and proceeded to grab her face and slammed her head onto the floor, knocking her out immediately.

Seraphina watched in surprise as John proceeded to advance towards the three remaining mid-tiers. It was as if he was possessed. She almost wanted to tell John to stop, but she couldn't form any words.

"HOLY SH*T! LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!" The kids ran, only for John to blow up the only exit. They turned around in fear, realizing the only way they were going to be able to escape was to fight John.

"We have to fight back! There are three of us and one of him! I'll shoot, you two cover me!" Krolik said, activating his ability. Misa and Crail activated their abilities as well.

"O-okay! Here goes!" Krolik shot a laser at John, who blocked it with his arm. His arm quickly healed over. John quickly advanced towards Krolik, sending him flying into the wall with a powerful punch to the mid-tier's gut. The kid slammed into the wall and crashed to the floor below.

John turned to Misa, who had a hand in front of her. "G-Get away from me! Don't come any closer!" She threatened, shaking in fear.

John merely grabbed the girl's arm and jerked it to the side, easily avoiding her Repulsion ability. He punched the girl in the face and she fell to the ground, coughing up blood. The god-tier then opened his palm and aimed it towards her, sending an explosive projectile towards her vulnerable body. After finishing off Misa, John made his way towards Crail, who fell on his knees, trembling with fear. "P-Please! I'm sorry for hurting Seraphina! We never meant for it to go this far! I regret all of it!" Crail desperately apologized, hoping to avoid John's wrath. "If there is any way I can make this up to you or prove myself to-"

John cut Crail off with a knee to his jaw and a punch to his face. The god-tier glared at the battered boy who was coughing up blood. "You wouldn't have dragged Sera out here if you were sorry. Pathetic ." Before Crail could respond, John kicked him into the wall.

Seraphina surveyed the carnage. This is what John wanted to hide from me. She had seen glimpses of the darkness that John always tried to keep from her, but seeing him brutally beat five mid-tiers fully exposed the side he wanted to hide from her. Although a part of her screamed "danger", it was immediately silenced as he turned towards her, his face softening into a concerned expression.

John would never hurt me.

John returned to her side, healing the rest of her injuries. A wave of exhaustion rolled over her and she leaned into John's chest.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner." John whispered, hugging her.

"I don't care. You still came for me. Thank you." Seraphina replied, inhaling the familiar scent of her best friend.

"Of course. I'll always come for you, I promise." John picked up Seraphina bridal-style and carried her out of the house and back to the school. Feeling safe and warm in his arms, the former Ace drifted off into oblivion.

A/N: Yep, two chapters in two days! I write chapters out of order, so some chapters are more complete than others. This one was one of the chapters that was basically finished before any other chapter (besides Chapter 1), and I have been excited to get this one out! I hope you enjoy it! Please vote and comment! <3