Chapter 7

Sorry for the late updates.  Enjoy

"Well you see according to several eyewitnesses, it was the exact opposite of what you told me" principal Norton says. "What are you talking about" Izzy asks, "That's exactly what happened." "Apparently you shoved Adrian into a locker and then started to threaten her. Adrian stood up for herself and didn't let you boss her around" principal Norton says, "That's when you punched Adrian in the face and a fight broke out. It was broken up until you decided to finish it, which caused you and Adrian to fall down the stairs where I found you."

"I didn't-that's-Adrian started it" Izzy says. "Izzy is this true" Mrs. Kress asks. "You punched my sister" Sebastian asks. "It's bullshit" Izzy says, "And no I didn't." "Well the bruise on her face says otherwise" Sebastian says. "Language Izzy" principal Norton says, "I have no choice but to suspend you for a week." "This is stupid" Izzy says leaning back in his chair, folding his arms. Sebastian scoffs and whispers, "Seriously."

"Next item to discuss" principal Norton says, "Would one of you two care to tell me what happened yesterday?" "Well I think it's pretty obvious what happened yesterday" I say. "Ok" principal Norton says, "Let me rephase that, why did you ditch?" "Again pretty obvious" I say, "I didn't want to come here yesterday." "Adrian" Sebastian says. "What" I ask, "I'm just answering the questions honestly."

"No surprise there considering your history" principal Norton says, "I am however surprised by you Brittney considering your history, but that doesn't mean you won't get out without any consequences." "I understand" Brittney says. "Adrian, after school detention for a month" principal Norton says. "Whatever" I say rolling my eyes. "Brittney, you will not be allowed to partake in the play" principal Norton says. "No..." Brittney says slumping back into her chair. "Damn, that's a bit harsh, don't you think" I say.

"I wouldn't push your luck if I was you" principal Norton says, "You're already on thin ice." I glance over at Brittney and say, "Sorry." Brittney gives me a small smile in reply. Principal Norton says, "I think we are all done here, I'll just have to notify Mrs. Horn that your understudy..." "Hillary McLean" Brittney answers dejectedly. "Will be filling in for you" principal Norton says. Ok so Brittney and Hillary have history together and by that, I mean bad blood.

In sixth grade Hillary McLean transferred to Eastston High and a few months later was miss popular and queen bee. Let's just say she wasn't very happy when Brittney transferred to Eastston High freshman year and in a matter of weeks replaced her. Ever since then Hillary and Brittney have been enemies. I can't let this happen. Because one Brittney loves theater and really wants to be in this play. And two Hillary will not let Brittney live this down. This should be easy considering boss man here doesn't like me and Brittney is one of the golden students.

Brittney and Izzy stand up and begin to follow their parents. "You're so stupid" I say still sitting in the chair. "Adrian" Sebastian whispers harshly. "Excuse me" principal Norton says. "I said you're so stupid" I say, "You really think miss goody two shoes perfect attendance here would ditch." Everyone is now looking at me. "What are you saying" principal Norton asks. "Use your brain Norton" I say, "I wanted to ditch yesterday and wanted someone to join me. I saw Brittney and dragged her along." "Adrian" Brittney says, "What are you doing?"

"I'm just telling the truth" I say, "I mean, that is why we are in the principal's office." "Why are you only confessing now" principal Norton asks, "Why didn't you confess earlier?" "Because I'm takin responsibility for my actions" I say looking at Brittney, "Brittney shouldn't suffer because of choices I made." Principal Norton studies me for a few seconds before he says, "I'm glad to hear that you are finally taking responsibility, but that doesn't get you out of the consequences."

"Understood" I say quietly. "Now knowing all the facts" principal Norton says, "Brittney, you will be allowed to partake in the play. Adrian, you are suspended for two weeks." Brittney mouths thank you to me and I smile in response. Sebastian sighs and shakes his head. Everyone proceeds to exit the principal's office. "Come on Izzy lets go" Ward says. Izzy glares at me before following his parents. "I need to go to the rehearsal" Brittney says. "I'll see you later" I say and rub the back of neck, "If you want that..."

"I better" Brittney says smiling, "Meet me backstage." Brittney walks off. I walk over to my brother. I say, "Seb-" "Don't" Sebastian says looking disappointed. He walks out and I watch him go. I sigh and look down at the ground.

Thanks for reading.  Again sorry for the late updates.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.