Chapter 8

The drive back home was in complete silence. The walk to Sebastian's apartment was also in complete silence. We enter the apartment to be greeted by Hanna. "Hey babe" Hanna says, "Hey Adrian, your home early." "Because she just got suspended for two weeks" Sebastian says. "Jeez" I say, "I'm sorry." "Are you though" Sebastian asks. "What's it matter to you" I ask, "If I recall correctly, you were worse than me." "That's not the point Adrian" Sebastian says. "Whatever" I say folding my arms across my chest and turning away from Sebastian.

"Sebastian" Hanna says, "Why don't I take Adrian with me, she can help me out and it will give us a chance to bond." "I need to get back to work" Sebastian says walking out. "Come on Adrian" Hanna says, "Lets go." "You were being serious" I ask. Hanna gives me the look and says, "Move." I groan but follow Hanna. First thing we do is get my tux and then meet up with her best friend Lindsey to pick out her dress.

Its been hours and Hanna still hasn't found a dress. "Are you done yet" I ask, "It shouldn't take this long to a find a dress." "Well this is your own fault Adrian" Hanna says from the changing room. "Whatever" I say crossing my arms and slumping back into the chair. "You know it sounds like your hiding something" Lindsey says, "Like your covering up the truth." "I am not" I say. "Why would Adrian hide the truth and take the fall" Hanna asks. "I don't know unless..." Lindsey says, "Unless Adrian likes Brittney."

"Ha" I say, "I don't like Brittney." "Adrian's straight Lindsey" Hanna says. "And how do you know" Lindsey asks, "For all you know she could be gay." "Because Sebastian told me" Hanna says, "What do you guys think?" I look over at Hanna bored and then my eyes widen, "Woah..." "You look amazing" Lindsey says. "I think I found the one" Hanna says. While checking out Lindsey leans over and whispers to Hanna, "Straight my ass." I roll my eyes.

We then go to the flower shop Lindsey owns and Hanna picks the flowers she wants for the wedding. I look at the time and realize I need to head to school if I want to keep my promise to Brittney. "I'm gonna head out" I say, "I promised Kara I would help her run over her lines one last time." "Ok" Hanna says, "Me and Sebastian will meet you there." "It was nice to meet you Adrian" Lindsey says. I walk over to the door and look over at Hanna and Lindsey. I see them deep in discussion. I grab a bouquet of roses and leave.

Once I reach Eastston High, I sneak backstage. I look around and spot Brittney and Alyssa in the corner talking about something. I start walking over to them but get stopped by Hillary. "Adrian right" Hillary says. "Um yeah" I say. "I'm Hillary" Hillary says. "I know" I say. "I don't know what Izzy was talking about" Hillary says, "But you are really hot." "Um...thanks" I say confused because I have no idea what's going on. "So, do you want to go to the after party with me" Hillary asks. "Adrian's going with me" Kara says walking over. "Well you better save all your dances for me" Hillary says smiling and walking over to her friends.

"Thanks" I say. "Someone doesn't look to happy" Kara says pointing to her right. I look over in that direction and see Brittney looking angry about something. "Oh" I say pulling out a single rose, "I got this for you." Kara gives me the really look. "What" I ask, "You always complain I never get you any." I walk over to Brittney and Alyssa. "Hey" I say. "I need to ask Mrs. Horn something" Alyssa says walking off. "Hey" Brittney says smiling. "I got you something" I say handing her the bouquet of roses. Brittney smiles taking the roses, "Thanks." "No problem" I say, "Good luck." "Its break a leg" Brittney says. "What" I ask confused. "Its bad luck to wish an actress good luck" Brittney says, "You're supposed to say break a leg."

"Why would I tell you to break a leg" I ask, "That would be bad." Brittney laughs and says, "Never mind." "I should go join my brother and soon to be sister-in-law" I say. "You probably should" Brittney says. Right as I'm about to go find Sebastian and Hanna, Alyssa and Mrs. Horn walk backstage. "Because Izzy had to prove he was a macho man and hurt himself" Mrs. Horn says, "We need his understudy to step up. Speaking of which, where is Cody?" "He is sick" Kara says. "I'm so sorry everyone" Mrs. Horn says, "Unless a miracle happens, I have to cancel the show."

Kara clears her throat. "What is it Kara" Mrs. Horn asks. "Adrian could fill in for Izzy" Kara says. "Wait what" I say. "Adrian already knows all the songs and choreography by heart" Kara says. "I don't dance" I say, "And I definitely don't sing." "Plus, she knows all the lines by heart" Kara says. "I have a terrible memory" I say. "Adrian is the reason I was able to learn everything so fast" Kara says. "I don't know Kara" Mrs. Horn says. "She already looks the part" Kara says. "I'm not even part of the drama club" I say.

"We are placing the entire fate of this production on her shoulders" Mrs. Horn says, "And given her history, do you really think that is a good idea?" "Like you said" Kara said, "We need a miracle, Adrian is our miracle." "What do you say Adrian" Mrs. Horn says. "Have you not heard I single thing I have said" I ask, "No way in hell am I going up on that stage as Danny Zuko." Brittney looks at me and says, "Please Adrian, for me." I look at Brittney.

Dammit...I can't believe Brittney played that card on me. I am going to kill Kara after the play for setting this all up. These thoughts run through my mind as the curtain begins to rise to reveal me as Danny Zuko. 

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.