Chapter 13

Arin's POV

Early morning. I woke up at 6 and untangled myself from my sister then, head to my room to change. I really need to get over the fact that I can't have a day in peace. Anyways, once I'm changed, I walked to Alaric's office to see him drinking in the morning.

"Having a bad morning, are we Al?", I leaned on the door and he turned to face me. "Something like that. My best friend punched in the face for kissing his girlfriend while being slug drunk or not. I can't really remember that night well. Oh and we found Rafael out in the front gate. I just wish there's a day with no drama", he explained and sighed. I shook my head and walked in.

I pour myself a drink and he looked at me weirdly. "What? You always drink with my dad and now I get to be your drinking buddy. I've been alive for more than a century and haven't tasted alcohol since Mia", I defended my self and he tossed me the bottle.

We continued on drinking and talking until Hope came in and I was half drunk. "Dr Saltzman", she greeted and saw me with a stupid grin on my face. "Oh, Hope. What's wrong?", Alaric asked and I continued grinning. "We need to get to Rafael and are you drunk?", she walked up to me and opened my eyes wide to see my eyes.

I moved her hands away from my face. "I'm not drunk, Hope. Calm down, I know how to handle alcohol", I told her and waved my arms around. "Come on, let's go see Rafael. I'm bringing Arin since she knows more about wolves", Alaric stood up from his seat and I poured my last shot then, chugged it down before we go to Rafael's room.

Once we reached his dorm room, he was ready freaking out. I took a chair and sat in front of him as Emma was behind me and Hope was standing next to her. "What's going on?", I asked him and he looked confused and dazed off. "I can't control my wolf, Arin. I black out and I can't remember then. I find myself hurting someone after I blacked out. I'm scared", he confessed and I nod.

"Emma?", I turn to the councilor. "I can't come to a conclusion without seeing it happening", she admitted and I nod, turning back to Rafael. "You trust me, right?", I asked him and he nods at me. I smiled at him and proceed to put my hands on his head. I used my magic to looked through his mind and found that his wolf wants to take over.

I let go of my hands and stood up, putting my chair aside and let his wolf take over. "He's in a lunar psychosis. I can't read his mind clearly. It's all a blur", I whispered to Alaric and Emma. They both looked back at Rafael who was struggling to keep calm. "Stay back", I told them and they listened.

"Raf, use the techniques I taught you. Remember who you are", I told him as I kneeled down to face him. "No, stop talking. Stop making noise", he warned and out of the blue, he stood up, growling at me and his eyes glowed golden amber. I stood up and held him down while Emma helped me calm his heart.

"What did you do to him?!", Hope asked. "Calm down, Hope. Emma cast a spell to slow down his heart", I answered then, let go of Rafael as he got back to his old self. "W-What's wrong with me? I keep losing time", he stuttered and fear was heard clearly in his voice. "You'll be okay, Raf. It's just your wolf", I told him and pat his back. "Arin predicted it's lunar psychosis. Its a thing. It means you mind is in flux, trapped between your wolf and human States making it harder to bridge the gap and access you memories like you normally would", Emma explained.

"It's very rare, Raf. It only happens after a premature reversion", I added. "So, something cause your body to shift back before the full moon was over, leaving you like this. Usually trauma. Something really bad happened", Hope concluded. I moved to her side and hugged her side. "We're not sure, stay calm, alright?", I told her but she shook her head.

"Three of them left, and only one came back. Something bad happened", she repeats. "Arin, why don't you take Hope outside and check on the other wolves", Emma suggested but Hope protests. "No, I'm worried about him more", she said. "Hope, come on", I whispered to her. She looked at Emma and then, Alaric. He signalled her to walk out and so she stormed out.