Chapter 16

Arin's POV

Last night made me feel like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. All of them were understanding of my story and we actually exchanged stories of our lives too. I guess that it felt like we had bonded in a deep manner. I mean, they are my pack so yeah, it had to be done either way.

Leah and I head back to my room when all of us felt tired. We were woken up by a loud knock in the door. "Hang on!", I yelled but the door swang open. "Jesus Hope! You didn't have to barge in like that", I scolded her and cover Leah as she was only wearing her undergarments. "Sorry but we need to talk to you", she said and I cleared my eyes to her facial expression clearer. She was worried.

"Okay, give me a minute to change", I told her and vamp speed to change into my regular attire. "I'm sorry to wake you up Leah", Hope apologised but she said it was okay. "I'll be back, okay?", I pecked Leah's lips and she said that she'll be with the pack later.

"What's so rushing that you had to wake me up?", I asked Hope as we brisk walk to Alaric's office I think. "Landon's missing and he left a message to Dr Saltzman. Dr Saltzman wanted your opinion and honestly, I need you", she said fast. As we turn, we saw Roman and she just smiled at him. I shook my head and swang an arm around her to assure that it's okay.

Once we reached Alaric's office I saw Emma and knew this was bad. "Okay, something's really up", I pointed out and Alaric sighed. Emma shrugged and I let Hope sit down. "Just listen", Alaric said and I nod. "Hey Ric, sorry to take off like that but I just need a little time. So, I'm going camping for a while. Hopefully, I can catch up on classwork later. Tell Raf and Jed hi for me", the message stops and I crooked my eyebrow.

"Jed? Why would he say hi to Jed? You should go after him. Something doesn't make sense", Hope starts off. "Hope", I called out. "Triad already tried to come for him once. Its not safe for him out there", she points out. "Hope we kept a massive secret from him, and I think he just needs some time to process that. I think we should respect his privacy and just wait", Alaric states and I shook my head.

"No, Al. There is something off about the message", I spoke up but he glared at me and that made me stand back. "Maybe we should just wait a couple days. Who knows he might actually go camping?", I changed my statement and Hope just storms off for class. Emma shook her head and stand up once she was gone. "I know that look. What's wrong?", Alaric asked her.

"These kids have been through so much lately. I've done all I can to help Rafael but the side effects of Hope's elixir are getting worse. He's losing time, having flashes of aggression. I think he's still sliding between his wolf and his human mind", Emma spoke. "Arin?", Al asked me. "I'll keep an eye on him. I'll ask Jacob too", I told her but Emma shook her head.

"Arin, your pack might be in danger as well. These kids are restless. I think you know that they are one step to near breakdown. You saw Hope last night. If you can, please, tell your pack to stay in town for a while. Just until this blows over", Emma said to me and I nod. "I'll tell them but I'm still keeping an eye on Rafael and Jed. You continue sessions with MG. I have a gut feeling about his mom and its not the good kind", I claimed and they both nod to me.

"Arin", Emma called out. "Alaric, you've been running fumes these past few week and you've been on edge on the students especially Hope and the twins. Plus, you've been busy trying to figure out things with your imprint, Leah. It's wouldn't hurt to bring in someone else to help", she pleaded and I look to Alaric. "She's right, Al. We need Dorian back", I told him and he shook his head. "He's too proud to come back. You both know that", he said.

"And you know how much I respect you but are you sure that it's his pride that's the problem?", Emma pointed out before leaving the office. Alaric groaned and slump back onto his chair. "Al, I'm serious. We need him back. You can't just hide behind your feelings anymore. Apologise to him", I told him and he rolled his eyes. "Your one to talk. How's your pack?", he asked and I shrugged. "I told them everything there is to know about me", I answered.