Chapter 3: Another note

? POV

I've been stuck here for the past 4 days, no water or food. I don't even know where I'm at. I was in my room hacking into some databases when I felt a small prickly sensation in my back. Unfortunately, it was a familiar sensation. It was a tranquilizer dart. I thought I saw a glimpse of the principal before I passed out, but it's simply absurd to think about. This is the first time I've seen something and thought it was something else. Or in this case, someone else.

After I'd been shot, I completely blacked out. When I finally woke up, I had a terrible headache and I was in this room with a dim light and filled with a putrid smell of rotten vegetables. Though it was almost unbearable in the first few hours, I quickly got used to it by only breathing through my mouth.

The first two days of being here, I've tried every possible way of getting out. I didn't have any weapons or tools on me, so I figured I'd only deplete my energy and cause dehydration if I keep trying.

The next two days I've been sitting and lying down on the floor, curled up in a ball. This is the most effective way to reserve the water in my body and prevent fatigue.

I think it'll be the 5th day here in a few hours. I started to feel dizzy and my breathing got weaker and weaker. I'm suffering from extreme dehydration. I closed my eyes and slept to let my body rest. I hope someone finds me...

Ben's POV

I woke up at 6am. Today's a Sunday. Even though there were no classes, I still had to train and work out at the gym. This was an order given to me by Professor Crandall. According to him, my ability to fight stayed at the level of a wet tissue for 2 years. I've gotten quite a bit better after a year of training and going through all those missions with Erica.

I climbed out of my bed groggily. To my surprise, there was another familiar oily note on my bedside table:

" 38.9281615 -77.0532376 "

It was a set of coordinates, which I immediately knew where it was. The mess hall. But why would someone give me the coordinates to the mess hall? Especially the person who had attacked me only one day ago.

I decided to go investigate with Mike and Zoe. I also wanted to find Erica but I still haven't seen her anywhere. Where is she?

I met up with Mike first as Zoe was already at the mess hall eating her breakfast. I told them about the note and Mike pointed out something strange.

"These coordinates aren't in the middle of the mess hall. I just had a class about coordinates and I remember them being 38.9281065, -77.0532564"

He was correct. It wasn't exactly the mess hall. It was the kitchen. I started to feel suspicious. Is there a bomb in the school kitchen? That'd make the perfect hiding spot for it. Nobody would even think to check the kitchen.

We sneaked inside the kitchen right after the bell rang, when nobody was there. Using my level 16 math skills, I quickly calculated the exact place where the coordinates were and walked towards the freezers. Wait... freezers? What could possibly be in there?

We opened the doors and as expected, there was only strange-looking meat, rotting vegetables and some frozen foods.

"There's nothing here Ben. You sure you got the right place?" Zoe asked.

I pulled out the note from my pocket and gave it another look, "Yeah. The location is right in front of us."

We were about to leave when we heard a noise. The kitchen was quiet since nobody was here. And there was a faint knocking. It was a Morse code for SOS.

? POV

I woke up and heard Ben's voice. And some other people talking. I used the last of my energy to knock on one wall, where the sounds seem to be coming from. After a few knocks I was completely exhausted. I felt weak. I slowly fell unconscious...

The next chapter will probably be out next week. Hope you all stay safe and healthy.