Chapter Six

Peter was thankful it was the weekend. He could finally have some time to focus on what he wanted to work on. Demons were becoming more and more frequent. Not to mention regular crime still being as active as ever. So, that kept Peter pretty busy for the most part. As he was fighting off some thugs in an alleyway somewhere, May called him. As soon as he picked up, she began speaking. She didn't even give him a chance to say hello. "Peter, Mr. Li spoke to me. He seemed worried. Are you into something dangerous?"

"Huh? It's just a story my friend Holland is investigating. Don't worry, I'll make sure she's careful." He replied, trying to be nonchalant about it so she wouldn't worry. It wasn't very believable, but that wasn't what she was focused on. A girl was exactly what Peter needed in his life.

"Holland? Who's Holland? You've never talked about her before? Or... have you? Is it that girl you're interested in?" She rambled. Peter sighed and shook his head. He finished off the last thug and walked around as he spoke on the phone.

"May, there's no girl." He tried to tell her, but she couldn't accept that. "Did I upset Mr. Li? I didn't mean to."

"He was just concerned. I was actually touched by how concerned. I knew he liked you, he admires how dedicated you are to helping others. I think you remind him of himself when he was younger. Both orphans, both so smart." She trailed off as she thought about the similarities.

"Well, the admiration's mutual. You've got a good boss, May."

"I'll tell him you said so." She nodded, letting out a sigh. He didn't mean to make anyone worried, that was the last thing he wanted. "I love you, Peter." 

"Love you, too, May." He replied. He clicked off and attempted to go to another crime, but received another call. He answered it. "Hello?"

"Peter! It's Doctor Octavius." He began and Peter smiled to himself. He looked up to him a lot when they were working together before. He was such a great guy who just wanted to help others.

"Doc! How's it going?" He asked enthusiastically. He headed over to the crime that was taking place in another alleyway a couple of blocks down. He spoke to Octavius while he took them out.

"Great, Peter, and you?" He returned politely.

"The same." Peter nodded. "So, what's your latest project?"

"Remember when you helped me with those failed schematics?" He began, and Peter hummed in response. "Well, it was for this prosthetic arm I'm working on. Since you helped out on it unknowingly, I was wondering if you wanted to be here when Lance Corporal Texidor comes for the fitting."

"Oh, well, sure! That sounds great!" Peter obliged.

"Great. He'll be here soon. Why don't you head on over?" He asked. Peter nodded to himself.

"Sure thing, Doc. I'll see you in a minute." He clicked off. He swung over to Octavius Industries and went in through the door on the roof like he was used to doing. He changed into his work clothes and a lab coat before walking out into the lab. There, he saw Octavius and Lance Corporal Texidor at the table. He was wearing the arm. Peter was impressed by it to say the least. He walked over to them and Octavius glanced up at him, giving him a smile.

"How does it work?" He asked as he reached over and felt the cold metal of the arm.

"Like a natural arm. You think of what you want it to do, and it does it." Octavius explained it simply. He began reaching for the cup, and it worked. The fingers closed gently around it and lifted it off the table. They all started laughing out of happiness that it worked. All the sudden, the doors opened and people started barging in. Peter turned and faced them.