Chapter Eleven

Holland headed back home after having coffee with Peter and found that her computer had finished running a scan for the Delaney guy Spider-Man asked her about last night. She was shocked at what she saw, and she called him immediately, like he asked. Peter grinned at her contact as it came over his lenses. He was tending to the robbery Yuri called him about. "There's my girl. I was waiting for your call. What'd you find?"

The way he spoke to her made her heart flutter. His comments about her being his girl... "Check out the picture I just sent you."

"Which one is Delaney?" He asked as he stared at the odd photo. There were three guys wearing different costumes of some of the enemies he'd fought to a Halloween party tonight.

"I don't know, but it's kind of funny. Guess you'll have to go to the party to find out." She grinned to herself, thinking about how he was going to be forced to go.

"Good thing I already have a costume." He sighed out. "You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?"

"Only a little. I couldn't find anything else, anyways." She chuckled. "By the way, did you get some rest last night?"

"Sure did, Madame, just like I promised." He nodded, though she couldn't see.

"Good. I'm glad. Anyways, after you're done with that, you can swing by and get that tracker." She decided.

"Sounds good. Is that all I'll be doing, though?" He became a bit flirtatious. She chuckled at him.

"Don't get ahead of yourself. I don't kiss masked men." She clicked off. Peter shook his head with a smile. As he was helping with some Demon crimes and outposts, he realized he'd missed a call from May. He listened to it as he was fighting.

"Peter, I spoke to Miles' mother, and she loved the idea of him working here. The poor woman's grieving herself, while trying to be strong for her son. She needs some time to just grieve. And he needs to see that life's still worth living. That was a very thoughtful suggestion, Peter. The kind that would've made Ben proud." Peter just smiled to himself about that. He killed some time as he waited for the time of the party. Delaney was dressed as one of his greatest foes, so now he had to find out which one. He headed all throughout the party trying to find the three. As if not knowing which one was Delaney wasn't enough, there were also tons of people wearing the same costumes as the three. This was irritating. And why did they even insist on dressing up as real villains that terrorized New York, anyways? Kind of disrespectful if you ask him. He earned lots of compliments on his own costume, too. After finding the other two, Peter found that he was the lizard in the lab coat. As Peter raced to the dance floor to find him, a guy dressed up as Rhino who was obviously way too drunk walked up to him. He pushed him back harshly, chuckling.

"Hey, look, it's Spider-Boy! Since I'm one of your nemeses, we gotta fight." He decided.

"Uh, maybe later." Peter tried to walk past him, but he stopped him again.

"What's the matter, Spider-Wimp? You afraid of my mighty horn?" He wouldn't let him walk past. Peter groaned. If he had to drop him, he would, but he didn't want that. He heard Delaney.

"Hey, who— what are you?!" He asked as a Demon grabbed him and started pulling him away.

"Fight! Fight!" The people gathering around began to chant.

"Kick his ass, Spider-Man!" Another yelled as the man in the Rhino costume pushed him down to the ground. Peter glanced back to see where Delaney went, then Rhino climbed on top of him. Peter kicked him back, then flipped himself up onto his feet. He climbed onto the man's shoulders and started webbing him up. All their eyes widened. "Is that the real Spider-Man?"