Interlude One (End of Part One)

That night, after Gatsby had long fallen asleep, I crept out of bed. I pulled one of the suitcases back out from under the darkened bed, and silently began to pack. Once enough clothes were inside, I closed it up, flinching from each snap the clips made. How could a noise as simple as that be so loud when you want to hear it the least?
I meandered over to my side and reached into my nightstand drawer, closing it once I had retrieved a letter I wrote prior to joining Gatsby for one last night of restful sleep. I walked back around, setting it next to the small table lamp near him. I took in Gatsby's features in the moonlight. He seemed so content. I let out a small hum as I humored the irony of that moment. The situation that started it all was Gatsby waking me up in the middle of the night simply to ask if I could watch his house while he was gone. Now, I was leaving him a letter while he slept in the same bed I was in all that time ago. I leaned down and pressed a soft but firm kiss on his temple, made my way over to my suitcase, picked it up, and silently left my home and into the night.

Authors Note:
Thank you for your patience in waiting for a new upload. Apologies these two are short, but that was done intentionally. From here on forward, all is written in the perspective of Jay Gatsby. As "2nd Part", so to speak. Consistency is not my strength. Avoiding schoolwork, however, is. So I got a lot done. Hopefully I can just hammer out a lot in the coming days. Welcome to the Roaring 2020's!