3. Last day out

The weekend was hectic. We had to go shopping, not just for clothes but for local artifacts that Aunt Bertha wanted and made preparations for our departure.

It's currently Monday and I'm having a last day out with Nessa. She got emotional when I told her the news in person, crying saying she will miss me and her world will never be the same again. I knew how she felt, we met at a back to school shop at the age of seven.

We both grabbed a beautiful hello kitty backpack on display and immediately became friends, providing her a shoulder to cry on and an emotional support when her parents got a divorce when we were sixteen, she lived at mine for a year during the court proceedings.

Nessa entered my room wearing jeans car wash and turtleneck with black vans of the wall, frowning. "You still aren't done?"

I slipped on my mule heels and checked my reflection in my full length mirror, perfect. "I'm done now",grinning, "Let's go."

Nessa led the way with me in tow, descending the stairs. "Hello Mrs Morrison."

My mum was at the living room, sipping coffee  and sat opposite the door. "Hello my dear,how are you ?"

She took a cookie from my mum's plate, taking a bite. "I'm fine and you ? How's your migraine now?"

"I'm good and it's better now,thank you for asking." They continued the conversation and Nessa kept on taking cookies, of course my mum doesn't mind but I did, if she keeps eating the cookie we won't be out of here.

If I don't cut short their convo we won't leave to wherever Nessa is taking me to. " Mum, we should get going, today being Monday there's bound to be traffic, I love you."

"I love you too sweetie" , "Vanessa extend my greetings to your mother tell her I'll pass by on Wednesday."

"Okay Mrs Morrison."

I took my Mum's Mercedes Benz keys from the key drawer and went to the garage. "Where are we going?"

Nessa took her phone typing away and then faced me, "Somewhere not too flashy but worth it, your last day here got to be memorable."

I focused my attention on the road driving cautiously. "So where exactly ?" I'm hoping not Kempinski or Movenpick, they're expensive not that I can't afford, I very well can I just want a normal place I'll feel at ease.

Nessa looked like she was thinking. "Labadi Beach Hotel, what do you think?"

That place is cool, a hotel located on a beach front with tourist flocking there all the time. "Yeah it's cool but I don't have a swim suit for the beach."I don't own many swim suits just two or three that Nessa practically forced me to buy one time we went to a pool.

She points to a tote bag at the back seat grinning. "Let's just say I picked up one or two bikinis for you to wear."

I have a chuckle,"So you had it all planned out huh ? how come I didn't see the tote bag from before?"

"I put it in here when I got to your house in the morning."

"How did you know I was going to use this car."

"Your mum told me idiot, I'm not a magician."

"Oh yeah, I asked to use it yesterday."

Nessa increased the volume when die young by Roddy Rich came on. "He ran down on a nigga, that's a shorts ,shotta, Cold hearted night with that block blocka", "Gotta keep it on me I don't wanna did young" she sang along loudly making a snap video.

"I rather be judged by twelve than carried by six, imma go post bill just look at my wrist" I couldn't help but join in, "Tell me why the legends gotta die quick?" this song really brought out the singer in me since Nessa got me hooked on Roddy Rich, I felt it when he asked why the legends die quick?, the good ones always dying leaving the bad ones to live.