7. That man had it coming

In the previous chapter , I wrote Andre's POV is next, I mistakenly deleted his POV chapter due to confusion on my part this chapter was published before his POV that I re wrote. So for better understanding of this chapter, please read chapter 8 before.
Thank you 😊.

He slammed my door, going out in rage. He's felt just the same way he made me feel that day, anger. It's unlike me but that man had it coming.

Being rude to me and coming into my room to brush his fingertips on my face. The strawberry scent in his hair when I greeted him downstairs invaded my nostrils when he came into my room.

I got up from bed and check my face in the vanity mirror. My make up is still intact. Great!  I have to head down to the ballroom, is it time to eat yet? I'm famished already.
I take my phone from beside me and go through my day taking the flight of stairs. There's no one in the living room. They must all be in the ballroom, great news dinner is ready.

I head to our family table when I get to the ballroom. There's an empty space between El and jerk. I groan, I have to sit beside him. I hope he'll keep his rude remarks to himself this time around.

I push the chair back and take my seat. He looks away tensing up, he's still angry. "Whatever" I mutter to myself. My food had already been dished out. I wait for Uncle Richard to say the grace before digging in.

I kept quiet and ate my food as I listened to the conversations being made around the table. Mostly Uncle Richard and Andre's father talking about the stare of affairs of their businesses.

From the conversation I get to know, Mr Theodore and his family are into real estate and own chains of hotels across the country and in France, their motherland. Uncle Richard who has sent up the American branch of our family company here in New York furnishes the houses and hotels.

They try to drag to once in a while engage Andre into their conversation. He only gave a curt reply and went back to toying with his food.

"Anniella, how's studies ?" Mrs Archambeau turned to smile at me and sipped her wine.

"It's great ma'am." Studies is great, I'm not slagging behind even though I came a little late.

"What are you studying?" She asked again seeming interested in whatever I was studying. Andre turned to give his mother a look like what's with the questions. She either ignored him or didn't see, waiting for me to reply.

"Broadcast journalism." I put down my fork, turned slightly so I'm facing her. Ready for all her questions, I'm actually happy she's interested in it.

Her eyes twinkled when I answered her, "You know I also studied broadcast journalism but then I changed to print, I found out writing magazine articles and novels are my calling." She smiles at the last part, her eyes glowing. It shows how passionate she's about it.

Mr Archambeau chirped into our little conversation looking at his wife proudly, "Now she's one of New York's bestselling authors and has her own magazine company, Bold and Dare."

I'm impressed, writing a novel is not as hard as getting the right people to understand your work and being a bestselling author that's another bomb. "Impressive." I couldn't help but say.

"My husband here helped me become who I am today and your aunt too. They made me realized I always wanted to reach out to people through my writings, letting them know I also relate to their problems, situations and interest."  She looked adoringly at her husband and Aunt Bertha. Gratitude also in her look. "I  pray you get a man who's going to motivate you and help you become your best and above all cherish and love you like an egg among rocks."