20. You speaking French is a total turn on

Anniella's POV

It's mid-morning on the last day of the year. Drey called me in the evening after he dropped me off at home saying he forgot to tell me we're going to attend the Time Square ball at the New York Times Square tonight. I had no idea what that was and had to google it, the result of the search was very interesting and I'm so looking forward to experiencing it tonight with Drey, El and Darrel and Chloe with her Indian boyfriend that I'm yet to meet and millions of New Yorkers who will be attending tonight.

I've just entered the reception of Drey's hotel right now, the number of people here today ain't much compared to last Sunday. The receptionist, Petra and her friend from before looked up at me their phones. They recognized me, their eyes threw daggers at me and oh boy if their looks could kill, I'll be in a body bag on a cargo to Ghana this very moment.

I care less if they give me a dirty look, throw daggers at me with their eyes or spit venom at me, Drey is mine. I didn't reveal cleavage, warm his bed or seduce him to be his girlfriend, he chose me and I can't be more glad.

I gave them a smile and winked at them. Petra looked me up, scrutinizing me to see what on earth I have that got Drey choosing me and rolled her eyes.

Really? Girl you gotta relax, looks ain't everything in getting a man, Drey's mine. I shook my head, the smile still plastered on my face and walked away. I don't have the time to have confrontations over a man with girls as shallow as them.

I got into the private elevator Drey told me to use anytime I came over, he's the only one who uses it. I needn't press the floor number, it's been set by default to his floor.

I place the bag of groceries on the floor, as I waited for it to get to my destination. I want to surprise Drey with a Ghanaian dish today, a simple jollof, the best in the whole of West Africa and in fact the whole wide world, you can argue with your phone if you don't accept.

The door to Andre's penthouse opened automatically. Drey came into view and attached me with a hug and kisses, "baby I miss you."

"Drey you saw me only yesterday, are you getting clingy?" I asked him laughing, I know he's not, I wanna pull his legs. He is more of an affectionate man, always wanting to peck, kiss, hug and cuddle.

"You can say that babe, as I said earlier I can't enough of you, you'll be with me a minute and go to pee the next and I'll still miss you." He told me leading us inside, he was hugging me from behind.

"How did you know I was at the door?" I placed the groceries on the kitchen counter and washed my hands.

"I saw you on the cctv in the elevator, I had them in there just in case of burglars, you never know." He offered me a glass of water, peeping into the bag, "did you go grocery shopping today too?"

"Yeah and no, they're not much, I'm gonna prepare my home food for you. Apron please."

Drey opened a drawer, removing a pink apron for me, "here you go love, what food?"

"Ever heard Ghana jollof?" I asked him taking out the meat and spices. I washed the chevon and seasoned it with salt , I blended ginger, garlic and onion and poured them on the meat in the pan and put it on fire.

Andre stood watching me, "Yeah, I ate it twice in your house."

"Aunt Bertha loves it." I peeled onions, blending it with pepper. I poured olive oil in a casserole and put it on fire, dicing onions, I added them to the oil and poured the blended onion and pepper. I washed fresh tomatoes and chopped them, stirring my onion and pepper that I've added tomato purée to occasionally.