Gelda's Demise Prologue Chapter

12 years ago. Britannia.

This was it... Gelda looked on to her lover's brother, Meliodas, the traitor to the Demon Clan. His eyes were emerald green, her sister turning to ashes before her, her face emotionless, the calm not reflecting the storm inside. Her clan was more than likely perished by now, as the holy knights took over the city they had overrun after being released from the seal Zeldris had placed.

"I know that it is a facade," Meliodas began, his eyes growing dull with the same facade he put up all these years. "I know you are looking for Zeldris, and I'm sorry to tell you that the Goddess Clan and the other's sealed the Demon Clan. Zeldris included..." Her purple eyes shimmered with tears brewing on her thick onyx lashes. Her pale skin now flushed with tints of pink and red as her shoulders shook with heartbreaking agony. Her blonde hair bound in a braid, bouncing as she took in a ragged breath.

"So Zeldris and I can never reunite... Is that it?" Why was she a Vampire, when she could have been born a demon? She could have been sealed with Zeldris, but those ideas were merely that... Ideas. Her lover was gone and though he had sealed her, her heart ached for him. Knowing that fate intertwined their hearts and kept them apart was something that she couldn't take anymore, not after over 3000 years of yearning to be a part of his world. To be with him in the broad daylight.

"I'm afraid so..." Meliodas's eyes were sympathetic.

"Please..." She couldn't live like this anymore. It was too much. "Kill me..." Her tears fell down her cheeks as she pleaded, staining the skin beneath. Violet and forest green clashed in a battle of agony, both knowing the pain of losing the one they love the most. In an effort to end her suffering she had asked Meliodas to kill her because she could never take her own life, the life Zeldris had wished for her. No matter if he was gone. Her hand was firmly placed on her mate's mark, a single heart adorned by gold, a black infinity sign adorning the heart. The mark was held on her left breast.

Drawing his sword, Meliodas delivered the killing blow, her body incinerating with the growing dawn, her body perishing in the flickering flames as the sun shone brightly over the horizon. Her wish had been granted and her pain had been eased, Meliodas only wished that his little brother's lover would come back, no longer in pain. In a way, he supposed that he wished the two love birds would meet again, this time tied by fate that would last forever, that she would be a demon too, and if not, then he hoped that they would be able to stay together as Demon and whatever she would be, be it human, giant, fairy, goddess, demon, or vampire.

'Please, Chaos...' He silently prayed, the being that had created the supreme deity and the demon king would be merciful. He prayed to the light that the goddess's worshiped, he prayed to the light that the demons feared the most, for her return and for their union.

A/N: I wanted to let everyone know this was more like a Prologue for the story! The next chapter is where interesting things begin~