Contract With The Devil

"Answer." Zeldris snaps, his voice calm but oh so pissed. His hands buttoning his pants and slipping on the red jacket. The kids stood there quaking in their boots as he stared them down. Any evil ghosts in the house seemed like a small ant in comparison to the presence of the prince. 

They shivered and stood frozen in place as if they were spellbound. "...I-it... Was..." One of the teens sputtered, their heart practically lurching from their chest at his gaze focused solely on them. The lion walked towards its prey, stalking it and the mouse was cornered. No way to fight. Escape impossible against the monster that they had summoned. 

"...Yes?" Zeldris stopped, poised and refined. 

"N... It was Natalie!" The teen cried, tears falling down his cheeks like a cascading waterfall. They never stopped and soon blurred his vision until he couldn't see anymore without constantly wiping at his eyes. The fear that gripped him, and everyone else, was more intense than anything they had ever felt. 

Zeldris was about to ask a question when he smelt something. Ammonia. "Are you pissing yourself?" (Anyone get this reference?" 

The boy let out a squealing screech of horror, the hot liquid running down his legs. Zeldris's face scrunched up in disgust. "Humans..." He practically spat the word. 'Not an ounce of dignity.' He looked around the room to find one girl about Juliette's age slowly forcing herself into a kneeling position, her body scratched and splinters stuck in parts of her skin. 

Zeldris suddenly felt something invading his mind, his eyes looking around for the inhuman presence. 'That is Natalie.' The voice spoke in his mind. Regardless of where it came from, he would ask anyway. 

"Natalie, I presume?" Zeldris watched as she bowed before him quivering in fear. A nod the only thing that came from her as her lips quivered. Fresh tears springing forth, clinging onto her lashes. Zeldris's scowl was demanding answers, to which the girl could only stutter. Zeldris decided to delve deep into her mind, her thoughts racing and memories replaying like a movie on the silver screen. 

He practically had to bite his tongue as he watched her memories, as he watched her hold Juliette captive. As she did not heed the warnings. As she had no care for a fellow human's agony and the fact that, for one reason or another, she had almost killed the girl that Zeldris had met before. The same girl that smiled at him so brightly, and tenderly, lighting the dying embers in his heart. 

"Care to explain why you almost killed her?" Zeldris was running out of patience, not only had he been summoned as he was getting ready for bed, whilst stripping of all things, but the girl's time was running out. Wait... Now that he tried to sense her energy he found her life force at least half if not more full. He frowned, puzzled. Was this the doing of the spirit that haunted her? 

'I do not haunt her!' A voice rang inside his head, a chuckle prominently coming from the demon's throat. 'Whatever you say.' The demon replied through the mind link. 

"You're lucky the girl didn't die. If she had you would have to pay the cost, let this be a lesson to you. Never summon a demon unless you are prepared to give you life." His warning was simple, his attention turning back to the median whose energy had been sapped just moments ago. 

Picking her up quite easily, he turned back. "If you are going to go with her, you might want to possess her." He had no worries of any other spirits other than her friendly one invading her mind. He could easily expel any ghost that tried, and after getting the okay from the ghost via mind link he disappeared in a cloud of black and purple smoke. 

'Why are you taking her with you?' Jason questioned, Juliette's eyes looking right at Zeldris as Jason possessed her, only this time her eyes were a beautiful shade of whiskey.