1.15

Oml!!! 12k+!! I love you so much people! Thank you for all your love and support 😘😘😘 . Hope I can do better in the future with all your enthusiasm.. 🙏💕🙇

I will be adding a rough character sketch of our MC in every world from now on, the first world was late, but from the second World it will be at the first chapter! Do let me know how you think about this! 😘😘

________________________________________________

Living in a desert can be dangerous for someone like me, who spent most of her life in cold places. Both the original Rylee and the soul me were cold loving creatures. A week in Atacama was enough to drain me, even my soul energy LOL! We all breathed a sigh of relief when the on-site tasks were over. The things left to do were the final data analysis and the thesis was naturally dropped upon Prof. Bard's shoulder.

I knew that the thesis that Prof. Bard was going to submit was not full proof. But who cares, the idea of having another newly discovered ancient language for studying was enough to excite the learners. I was not being a jerk by hiding his shortcomings, it was his thesis to begin with. Rather, I was going to work on those loose ends and make my own thesis. Just a few months more, and I'll be eligible to enter a research program! (^ ////// ^)

The excitement was enough to make me insomniac.

During this time, my (Rylee's) parents and parents in-laws contacted me. They were good people, still living in their good decades old days. They were very fussy, constantly asking if I was doing good in the hot weather, if I was good in my studies, and, an embarrassing question, if there was any movement down there - my belly that is! ( ///^// O //^///)

So embarrassing!!

Of course, I was never a little virgin both in my real world or in this world being Rylee. And of course, that's a part of my deal when I'm living in a different person's body, leading a different person's life; I cannot not do it just because the partner was not someone my soul recognized. That being the case, Kris used to be pretty active during the first year of the marriage, and even some time after entering the new relationship. But we had a silent understanding between us that we wouldn't get pregnant before Rylee's studies are over. Because, in the case study provided by Osho, Rylee's regret was that she couldn't finish her studies. Naturally, it was a piece of cake since I was here now, and we had the same subject; and for the second reason, my logic told me that it would be better to maintain the childless status because, Alec might have an understanding of me as a newly wedded girl who is yet to see the complicated relationship of feelings between a man and a woman and needless to say, I did manage my goal to keep my 'pure little girl' image. And after Kris cheated on me, I revered my decision more, because, even now, society would see you as a helpless woman served in a platter for bullying if they see that your partner has left you while you are with child.

To my utmost relief, the parents from both sides weren't very pushy and they dropped the matter after asking once. I didn't tell them anything about the separation between Kris and I. They surely would have heart attacks collectively. Moreover, I didn't plan on getting a divorce. Such a good husband material, why would I let him go just because he was attracted by a spoiled princess with 'Mean Girls' vibes? I would rather get him by his neck, wash his eyes with sulphuric acid and then apply varnish on them to polish his vision enough to see the goods in the wife he left home. Now, I doubt he would ever dare to stray.

And as for how I was going to get the man running back to me, the coming two months were the answer.

During my stay in Atacama, Alec had asked me out on our last friendly date on the evening before our departure in the next morning. His affection point was now at ninety, making him extremely uncomfortable whenever we were together. He wanted so badly to do something, anything that would assure him that I was his. Seeing, but no touching - I never understood why he was torturing himself like this. Even before holding hands he would hesitate for a long time. I at times made mischief and grabbed his arm to pull him along with me just to see his coffin face, trying hard not to meet my eyes and blush, his ears red. Though pulling this stunts had subjected me to a body-ache like needles piercing me from within by Osho, warning that I was deviating from my mission and flirting with my target, which was a big NO. But I couldn't help it, teasing him with a innocent face was great fun.