2.12

" Broken toys have more stories to tell. "

~ The Derelict Ragdoll.

2.12 | The Derelict Ragdoll |

               Breathe in, breathe out. Today was finally the day I was going to the event.

The contest for the wild card entry in Hit The Beat.

It was the very day, I (Amanda) was scheduled to die.

Today, I was supposed to stumble upon Zion in the backstage when I will have this sudden 'urge' to release myself (internally giving a huge a$$ eye roll, really fate? Really?) and will be caught by him. He would think I was snooping on him, and Amanda the greedy hoe would catch onto the fact that something was amiss and try to blackmail him (real deal of being stupid Amanda, did your usually outstanding reasoning choose that very moment to have a vacation? Why did she act like a villainess from a cheap, corny drama?)

I didn't know what to expect. Even Osho was helpless. It had been trying to calculate the possibilities, but was ruled out by the Will of the Fate of the World. I never did really trusted Numerology back in earth - it always seemed like a scam all wrapped up in the garb of believable scientific terms befitting the modern times. But after the accurate results that Osho gave out and also its explanation from the chapter of Permutations and Combinations regarding the process made me an absolute believer.

I didn't get irritated by his mechanical gloating now. Osho truly was a genius, well, it was made to be one, I guess.

" I heard you praising me. "

In your dreams. Did your programs encountered anything strange, like, Hashish, LSD, or something? You know, even the air of V City has the smell of Cannabis. Be careful.

" Even though it's unbecoming of me, I think conjuring a self-orchestrated thought of stabbing you with pins till you look like a porcupine within my compartment of independent thoughts is cooling down the processor, much to my relief. "

I knew it. Definitely weeds. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I slept like the dead for ten hours on the night before the contest. The next morning, I woke up feeling fresher. I did yoga, bathed and relaxed on the sofa at the living room, facing the hazy morning sun outside through the balcony with an iced caramel macchiato and a cheese and bacon omelette. I had applied online for the entry and according to my ticket number, I still had around an hour till my turn after the contest started, despite of me being one of the earliest contestants.

Although, after a month's training, Osho confirmed that it was unlikely for me to remain unselected - I knew it would be a pain to win the season after I watched the fierce competition during the regionals.

But it's okay, I could at least try. Amanda's ultimate wish was to live freely, without receiving the judgemental looks from other people after they got to know about her occupation. Even though she appeared tough, she felt guilty of putting a certain amount of money as ' price ' on her body. Getting known through the stage of Hit the Beat might be a good start.