Eleven

PLEASE READ COMMENT AT END!!

To save them some time, Toothless stayed in his dragon form and had Hiccup climb back onto his back and flew them to the back of the chiefs hut.

    When they arrived, Hiccup carefully slid off of Toothless's back and waited for his friend and father figure to shift back into his human form. When he did, Toothless gently took Hiccups hand and lead him to the front and knocked on the door. It was still fairly early, but the chief would be home for he would be helping his very pregnant wife and daughter who was about Hiccups age.

    Toothless looked down after he sensed his young boy from being super happy and giddy form the ride to wary and frightened. The older male frowned. "What's wrong, hatchling?" He inquired softly as they waited "I don't have good memories with chiefs... none have liked me - like my... like my old daddy. I'm small and not like a Viking. I'm a hiccup... a mistake... something to be looked down upon and reminded I'm never gonna be like the rest of them..."

    The drake in disguise eyes widened dramatically. How dare these humans treat their own offspring so cruelly?! But before he could let his anger out, Toothless bent down to Hiccups height and hugged him "don't worry, hatchling. This chief is not like the others. He's kind and won't hurt you. You're as human as he is. You both bleed the same color."

    Just as Hiccup smiled and was about to say something to Toothless, the door opened and revealed a tall man with muscles, though not too much. He was smaller than all the other chiefs Hiccup had ever encountered. Weight wise. He wasn't heft or bulky. He looked good and healthy. The man - who Hiccup presumed is the chief - smiled at the duo.

    "Ah, good morning Night! It's been a while old friend!" He said with a welcoming smile. Toothless rose to his feet and gave the human a one armed hug. When they pulled apart, the mans eyes looked down at the small child who tried to hide behind Toothless - much like he had when he met the woman from the market. "My, who's this?" He inquired. Toothless smiled and coaxed the nervous child out from behind him.

    "This is Hiccup, my adopted son. And before you ask, yes, he is human. Just like you and the rest of the village" Toothless answered as he ruffled Hiccups hair, calming the boys nerves. The man smiled at Hiccup "well it's a pleasure meeting you, young Hiccup. My name is Henrik. Henrik Knut, chief of this tribe." He introduced himself with a warm and welcoming demeanor. He rose back to his feet after patting Hiccups shoulder and faced Toothless.

    Toothless ruffled Hiccups hair again, making the child protest at the touch. "Well, what can I do for you, Night? Or are you just here to introduce me to your adopted bairn?" He gave Toothless a quick look of 'which we will have to talk about later'. Toothless nodded in understanding and answered the man "yes and no. I ask of you if Hiccup can become a member of the tribe? He is my hatchling now, and I'd like for him to be fully part of my world - our world. Including being a part of the tribe. Henrik smiled "of course. Who am I to say no to such a young child? Your child no less." Toothless smiled at the man, silently thanking him "now for the other part of why we are here."

The chief nodded and waited for Toothless to continue "I need help gathering supplies for adding parts to my-our house. As you know, I didn't need the essentials - kitchen, bathroom, etc. but now that I have Hiccup, it's needed now." Henrik nodded "alright, I will help gather supplies and gather some men to help add onto your hut. Anything else?" Toothless shook his head "no, that will be all. Hiccup and I will be going into the market to get some furniture and toys."

Again Henrik nodded "alright, but I will take care of the costs. And, I suggest you wait till the hut is fully constructed before getting furniture. Toys you can get now though, and other small essentials you may need." Toothless shook his head "I can't possibly have you deal with paying for the construction. I will pay them once it is done."

Before Toothless could go on, Henrik raised a hand, silencing Toothless "you have done our village wonders, Night. You have done so much for us, so take it as a major thank you. You have protected our village, helped us with the other dragons, and have been kind to us. We owe you a lot, Night." Not wanting to argue in front of Hiccup, Toothless nodded and left it at that.

Seeing that their business was done, Toothless was about to bid farewell and take Hiccup to the market as promised, but a small voice stopped him. "Night?" He smiled down at the newcomer. It was Henriks young daughter. She beamed up at him and rushed out to give him a hug. "I've missed you Night! I wanna play with you!"

Reaching down, Toothless picked up the giddy child like he would pick up Hiccup, and hugged her "I've missed you too, Frida! And we can play sometime soon" he said, making her even more happy "I want to introduce you to someone first" he set the young girl down and gently lead Hiccup out from behind him as he had quickly fled back to safety at the arrival of a newcomer. "This is Hiccup, my son."

Hiccup smiled weakly at the girl and gave a small wave "hi" he said in a very quiet and small voice. Henrik smiled at the boy and placed a large hand on his daughters shoulder "Hiccup, this is my daughter, Frida. She's six, how old are you?" He asked. "'m seven..." Hiccup answered meekly "in that case, you two should get along well."

Frida smiled and held her hand out for Hiccup to shake, and when he timidly did so, she shook his hand wildly, making his body jostle around slightly "it's great to meet you Hiccup! I'm excited to get to know you and become best friends!" She exclaimed, making the boy nod in hopes of her letting his hand go. And thankfully she did before his hand fell off.

Toothless chuckled "well chief, Frida, it's been a pleasure. I'll talk with you again later" and after everyone said their goodbyes, Toothless took Hiccups hand and headed for the market again.

"So, what did you think of Frida?" Toothless asked as they walked "she's loud, and has a lot of energy. Uh... she's like a dragon! Yeah!" Hiccup said in triumph at finding the best word to describe the six year old. Toothless nodded "is she like any of the other children and friends your age back at Berk?" Hiccup looked down "no... and I didn't have friends on Berk... besides you, of course."

    The drake in disguise stopped and bent down to Hiccups level "what about that Gobber fellow you've mentioned to me before?" He asked. Hiccup looked down at this "I think he only put up with me because I'm... I was the chiefs son. Plus Stoick and Gobber are best friends, and they'd do anything for each other. Da- Stoick dumped me on him because Stoick didn't want to deal with me to be honest...."

Toothless sighed and pulled his boy in close. "Well, that is their lost. They missed out being friends with the most amazing boy in that whole village" he have the child a half smile who returned it "but that was the past and this is the now. And as such, you are going to make some friends here."

Seemingly taken back, Hiccups eyes widened and he shook his head "but I don't need anymore friends. I have you! And plus, they children here would think I'm weird... I like to make things and am really small and tall a lot...." Toothless chuckled "did that stop Frida?" He asked and received a small 'no' "exactly. She saw you and didn't call you names for being small. She even said she wants to become your best friend!" Hiccup nodded again at that. Toothless sighed.

"Hiccup, I know this will be difficult for you, but I need you to try to make some friends." Hiccup opened his mouth to protest, but was stopped by a finger being pressed up against his little pink lips "I know you'll always have me, but I won't always be around. Sometimes I have to help the village and do things that will pull me away from you. And so, I need you to make some friends because I don't want you to be lonely." Toothless did not revive a nod or a verbal response. He received nothing. He sighed "Hiccup, please. Once our home is done being remodeled, I want you to go make yourself some friends. Because if you don't, you'll be lonely and I don't want that. I want you to have fun and have friends and be able to be you and thrive and just...." the Night Fury sighed "can you please do this for me Hiccup?" After a pause, the little boy nodded "okay... I'll try..."

Toothless smiled brightly at Hiccup and ruffled his hair "that's my hatchling!" Hiccup giggle in response.

Word: 1586
Date: January 26, 2020
Status: ongoing and unedited
Comment: so I was wondering if I should make this a HiccupxOC (cough Frida cough). If so, I would really appreciate some feedback and tips on how to go about it. Yeah I've read some Hicstrid but I don't know how to make that sort of thing myself. I have a haunch, but not quite sure entirely (keep in mind I'm 12, and if you have suggestions, keep the naughty ones to yourself please)

Thank you for reading!