Chapter Twenty-Six: It's Done

well guess who's back and finally pushed through writers block. it was honestly kind of hard getting back into each characters personality as i had started writing another book, so i'm sorry if anything seems a little off. but other then that i hope you enjoy! i'm going to do my best to update every week until the book is finished <3

-

"I want an exact run down of the plan. I need every major and minor detail before we agree to anything". Johns voice is stern as we join back with the two people I now despise the most in this world.

Levi rolls his eyes at Johns demand, peaking my anger. "While I would just love to do that John, I actually don't know everything as of yet. We'll have to take you back to where my team is set up".

As the tension between them grows, Aya does her best to gain my attention but I refuse to give her anything. I know whats happening is because they all want the best for me, but the pain is more consuming then any logic.

"Fine. Hand over the keys".

I watch as Levi reluctantly pulls the small control panel from his pocket and flings it across the space between us. It makes a solid noise as it lands in Johns hands.

Levi pauses before he opens the door. "Don't follow too closely behind us, we don't need anyone getting suspicious".

The drive is slow, as we go through town. Curiousity getting the best off me I cant help but stare out the window. This is my home town, where I was born and raised as a baby. Where I'm sure I have relatives and family friends who have no idea whats happened to me. While I'm glad I had the opportunity of a new life in New York, I grieve over the fact I never got to truely experience my heritage and culture.

As we drive further and further out, the clean and new looking city turns into factories and dumping zones.

An old apartment block comes into view at the end of a deserted street. Its dark brown exterior looks almost ready to collapse. I'm surprised to see that the parking garage door is electric as it opens automatically.

"I have a bad feeling about this". John noticing my discomfort places a hand gently on my thigh.

"I have everything I need to defend us if anything goes wrong, but from what I've seen so far - even if Levi is a snarky dickhead - they're trustworthy". He looks over at me with a serious expression, confirming his words.

He's right. If Levi is lying and tries to make a move, I know that the side I'd want to be on is Johns. I've seen what he can do, there's no way anyone would leave alive.

The garage is dark and damp making my nose shrivel as we exit the car.

"I know this place is in shambles put it's the best we could do to stay under the radar". Levi sounds close to embarrassed as he opens a door leading to a cement stairway.

Three levels and a hallway later, Levi opens the door to a small lounge room - or what I assume use to be a lounge room. The couches are covered in all sorts of weapons, ranging from small handguns, large semi-automatics, and knives that are a little to intimidating to look at.

"This is Donnie and Carlos". Levi introduces two extremely muscular men standing by one of the couches. "They're our go to guys. They know everything there is to know about heists".

Levi claps the meaty guy named Donnie on the shoulder. "You might be great at killing people Wick but this guy could outsmart you in a second".

I could slap the smirk of his face but I know all that would do is make him even more satisfied. He's trying to get to me, and if he wins then I'll be the weaker one. And I refuse to let that happen.