Chapter Twenty-Nine: Part Two

i know that gif has like nothing to do with this chapter but holy crap i just spent hours going through photos and gifs and this one just hit different. like why is he so bloody attractive?? who let him look that hot with a gun?? 

-

His face is emotionless as his beady eyes analyse my restricted body. I had forgotten how terrifying his presence really was, the last time I had seen him he was smiling and giving me gifts. Any remembrance of that night seems to have vanished as he looks at me with utter hatred.

I try my best to free myself from the person holding me but my attempts are useless. Defeated and exhausted, my body goes slack.

"You're not my father, asshole". My words lack any ferocity but they clearly have an impact as the person holding me yanks my chin up, forcing me to make eye contact with Viggo. He clearly already knows what has happened, so theres no chance of defending myself verbally.

Viggo shows no reaction as he stands from the couch, his black suit crinkling from the effort. I'm unsure of how to approach this situation, whether to continue to fight him or to just give up.

"I'm going to ask you something, and I want you to be very honest with me dear." His hand comes up to scratch his greying beard, giving me a flash back to the day we watched the sunrise on the beach.

"Where is the money?".

He doesn't know.

A loud bang comes from the entrance and distracts Viggo from his interrogation. Knowing this could be my only chance I do the same thing I had done in the restaurant, angling my elbow directly into the persons groin. A gasp comes from the man as his arms loosen around me and with all my strength I shove him backwards. Paired with the stab wound, his defences are limited as drops to the floor once again.

My stomach lurches as I sprint towards the man who I had just killed. Desperately, I rip the gun from his jeans waistband. Its glossy black exterior distracts me for a moment before I turn and aim it directly at Viggo . But I'm not the only one.

Only a mere two metres from Viggo is John. His gun pointed straight at his head.

What I had also failed to notice, is the direction of Viggo's gun - which is now pointed at my chest.

"I would rather not be this hostile Milena but I'm going to ask you one more time. Where is the money?". His voice is dauntingly deep as he moves his head to face me, ignoring Johns intimidating presence.

I gulp as the gun shakes in my hand, the heavy metal straining on the small amount of strength I have left. "I- I don't know".

"Lies!". His voice bellows through the empty foyer, echoing off the marble surfaces. "I know you've taken it. Don't play dumb with me now".

"Viggo, put the gun down and I will tell you".

He scoffs at Johns offering, "You?! Oh you have to be kidding yourself if you think I'd trust a single word that comes out of your mouth-".

"It's gone.". My voice is rough, the queasiness from my head injury beginning to set in.

Both Viggo and John look over at my shuddering figure, the confidence I had seconds ago now quickly slipping away.

"And where has it exactly gone too?". Viggo's patience is clearly beginning too thin as he takes a step forward, all under the watchful eye of John.

The tears from before start to well in my eyes again. He's going to kill me when I tell him. I know I shouldn't but I want the satisfaction of watching his face drop and the realisation to burn in his eyes.