Chapter. 7 Flush Meetings and Explosive Reunions

Izumi smiled to herself as she climbed the flight of stairs that lead home, her mind was a swirl of odd emotions as she held the large brown envelope in one hand, an envelope that held the result of the past few weeks of intense studying. Izumi knew she was behind others her age thanks to her time lost to her quirk, to the Alpha voice that even now still dwelled deep inside her mind offering his advice and perspective on things.

For the longest time, Izumi had found it difficult to not listen to the Alpha when it called everyone a 'small thing' with an appropriate descriptor as when compared to her most people were small, yet it wasn't something a hero should do. So she had spent many nights in her head just talking with the Alpha and getting it to understand what people were and why they mattered, it was a slow process but eventually, the Alpha had understood greening with Izumi's reasoning that 'the small things were part of her territory and should be protected from anything that sort to harm them', this simple explanation had lead to the Alpha agreeing to work with her so they could better protect that which was hers.

No longer needing to fight her instincts to control her actions any longer had allowed Izumi to turn her mind to catch up on the missed years of education, the knowledge she had not achieved when she rightfully should have. It had been a slow difficult uphill battle at the start and had initially lead Izumi to fear she would not be ready for the UA recommended exams, her worry had given rise to the Alpha offering to help.

The Alpha's offer had at first confused Izumi, as from what Vivienne and her mother had explained the Alpha was her primal instincts given a voice, so its offer to help had been a shock but not one Izumi wanted to turn down. After accepting the Alpha's help Izumi had been forced to endure a week-long migraine that made it feel like her brain was trying to burst free from her skull, yet once the migraine had subsided Izumi found she was able to practically absorb any and all information presented to her. Such a sudden and rapid change had worried her parents and Monarch as it should not have been possible.

At Inko's insistence, Izumi had been given every type of medical scan of the brain ranging from MRI to EEG to try and discover what had allowed her sudden rapid boost in cognitive retention. To say the result had shocked not only Monarch but Izumi would be an understatement, her brain had effectively rewired itself to function and flow more like a fibre optic supercomputer even when compared to the brain scans of someone with an intelligence boost quirk her brain was operating on an entirely different wavelength. This adaptation had allowed Izumi to increase the pace at which she was able to learn and prepare for the various exams she had missed.

It was what led to her current happy mood as the envelope she held were the results of the various exams she had taken, Izumi had gone out to collect the results herself while her parents were both out at work. She had taken her time enjoying the walk around the city seeing various heroes out on patrol, it had been nice, a reminder of what she had once done so often before her quirk had manifested. One memorable moment from her walk back still hung in her mind.

Izumi had taken a longer route back leading her past Dagobah beach, she enjoyed the much cleaner sight of the beach in part due to her efforts while under her quirk by organising and stacking the junk, but more recently due to the efforts of All-Might's pupil. A blonde-haired blue-eyed boy with a bright smile, a smile that had heated her cheeks from the way he had treated her as even before her quirk had manifested hardly anyone outside of her parents and a few other had given he such a warm friendly smile free of pity or disgust.

Izumi smiled as she once again replayed the memory inside her mind.

--LINE BREAK--

"POWER!"