one.

Zahara tied her faux locs away from her face and smothered lip gloss all over her lips

Zahara tied her faux locs away from her face and smothered lip gloss all over her lips. She slipped on her blazer and grabbed her wedges from under the bed.

"Kasey!" She yelled out.

"No, I didn't make you breakfast." Kasey yelled back.

"Shit," Zahara mumbled and grabbed her bag. She closed her bedroom door and made her way down the stairs of the house that belonged to both her and her sister. She was late as usual for her job, but she knew that her boss would never fire her. She was amazing at her job, but it didn't stop her boss from complaining.

"Aw, you made me breakfast. You're amazing." Zahara kissed Kasey's cheek causing her to squirm. Despite the two year difference between the two sisters, Kasey basically helped raise her little sister. Their parents did music and were always on the road either separately or together. Either way, Kasey was always the one to babysit her little sister and it was tiring.

"You're late again and you reek of weed."

"Girl, bye," Zahara waved her off. "I know, I was up all night."

Kasey rolled her eyes and watched as Zahara took a bite of her bread and placed it down. "Yeah, I heard all that guitar banging from across the hall."

Not only did Zahara work for a car company, but she also gave instrument lessons to children. She didn't get paid much for it, but she loved doing so. Ever since she was a child she loved playing the guitar, piano and almost instrument you could name. She remembered her parents taught her how to play and she grew a passion for music. Soon she wanted to showcase in and teach others how to play any instrument they desire to play.

"I was just trying to figure out what song was suitable for beginners to learn." She slung her bag over her shoulder and grabbed her keys. "I'll see you tonight."

"Later."

"Quickly, Zahara ran to her car and slipped inside. She made sure that her umbrella was in the car because she knew that it was going to rain that entire day. Her hands gripped onto the steering wheel as she reversed out of the driveway of their small townhouse and drove off.

Her workplace wasn't too far from the house which she was happy for, but for some reason she felt like she needed to drive a bit faster. She felt like she was going to miss something- something important. So, she pressed her foot onto the gas and drove a bit faster.

After a few minutes of driving, she parked into the parking spot and grabbed her belongings. She slipped out of the car and ran her hands over her local as she stepped into the building.

"Hey, Jane." She smiled at the receptionist.

"Hey, Z. Late again I see."

"What do I say?" Zahara shrugged and handed her an apple. She headed towards the open elevator and pressed the designated floor. The sound of her shoes and her presence caused the well known employees to stare as she got off the elevator and made her way down the hall.