Chapter 6

Work this week had been tough for Andrea. While Yoldin had been keeping his distance since her threat, he was still making the girl uncomfortable with his stares from across the room, and while that was occurring, Kelton's eyes lingered just a bit too long for Andrea's liking. Whether nobody noticed, or just that nobody wanted to speak up about it, the stares seemed to go unnoticed throughout the office. On top of that, Andrea tried to convince her fellow game makers that their addition to the games was a disastrous idea, however, nobody would listen. By the end of the week, Andrea was worn and tired, ready to see Finnick and hide away for the rest of the weekend. So when Yoldin told everyone that the weekly meeting would have to be canceled, Andrea couldn't have been happier. 

Once home, the girl skipped her way up the stairs, making sure to get to the twenty-fourth floor as soon as possible. To her surprise, the boy with sea-green eyes was not waiting for her, however, this was not the first time so Andrea walked up to her apartment to get the food started. This Friday Andrea wanted to make a baked chicken with cooked broccoli and rice and wanted to see how her cooking skills were coming along. Andrea threw the ice cream she had bought in the fridge while she warmed up the oven and started cooking the rice. While Andrea prepared the meal, her head was in the clouds, drifting toward a particularly lovely dream that seemed to be blanketed in hues of blues and greens. While Andrea loved her home town, she couldn't help but admit that the idea of District 4 seemed enticing. The beauty that Finnick described was something that she wanted to experience every day of her life. The way that the bronze haired man described the scent of his town, Andrea knew that it was exactly how Finnick smelled whenever he entered a room, which only drew the girl in even more. 

The fond memories that Andrea daydreamed about caused the girl to lose track of time, and before she knew it, the food was finished. As she took the chicken out of the oven, the brunette noticed that she was the only one in her apartment, which caused the girl to worry. Taking off her oven mitts, Andrea walked toward her door, ready to visit Finnick's apartment, until she heard a familiar knock. The worry was quickly wiped away as she opened the door, however, her concern returned right away. In her doorway was Finnick, but it was not the normal, confident boy. No. Instead of standing high, the bronze haired man was slouching, holding onto the doorframe and while there was a smile on his face, it was weak and bloodied. His usual sea-green eyes were no longer recognizable as one swelled up, not allowing a hint of green to be seen. The boy was bleeding and Andrea could tell he was in pain. The sight of the boy made Andrea nauseous, giving the girl flashbacks to memories of her games as well as nights that she had stayed at Yoldin's.  

Andrea instantly wrapped one of his arms around her shoulder, making sure that he could lean all his weight on the girl before she walked him into the apartment. They slowly made their way to Andrea's couch before she helped him down. The groans of pain that were emitted from Finnick's mouth pained the brunette, not knowing what she could do to help. She leaned him down, letting him lay down on the couch, then grabbing a few blankets to keep him warm. Andrea rushed to grab her first aid kit, an ice pack, a bowl of hot water, and a towel. Andrea soaked the towel and wrung it out before slowly cleaning off the blood from his face. After cleaning up the blood, she made sure to put bandaids with a quick heal solution onto the wounds before placing the ice pack on Finnick's bruised eye. 

"Oh Fish, what happened to you?" The two sat in silence for a while, as Finnick refused to answer that question. While they had spoken of such events, neither ever went into detail. Andrea stroked the boy's face, the meal she prepared long forgotten. "Can you at least tell me who did this to you?" Finnick's eyes went wide with this request. There were a variety of reasons that Finnick could be worried to disclose the name, but Andrea believed that he thought the girl would try and track the perpetrator down and possibly use deadly force, and that was exactly what she would do.