Chapter 4

Eren's POV

Feeling something sharp shining in my eyes, I groaned, and turned the other way. The thing wouldn't go away, ugh. I willed my eyes to peel open a bit, and saw that I forgot to pull the curtains back into their usual place. Christa burst into my room, running, and then jumped on top of me, stealing the air out of my lungs for a second. "Fu! C-Christa! I-I can't breathe! Get... off please!" Christa got up, and shot me a charming smile, that hinted something bad for me. "Get up sleepyhead."

Turning away from her, I shut my eyes, and pulled the blanket closer to my chin. "I don't wanna." Groaning, she pulled the blanket off me in one swift motion. "Get up! We're going somewhere, so dress up quickly!" I looked at her with wide eyes. How. Dare. She. Take. My. Blanket. How. Dare. She! I puffed my cheeks up, and glared at the door. Right at that moment, someone else busted through the door. "Whoah Eren. What did I do wrong to deserve that glare?"

I straightened up, and gave Marco a sad pout. "It wasn't you. Christa. She. Took. My. Blanket! Can you imagine that?! Ugh! And I had a nice dream..." I remembered the dream, and couldn't help but blush. I looked into my lap, willing Marco not to notice, but being the caring person he is, he walked over, and put his hand on my forehead. "Your face is red, are you sick?" I waved his hand away impatiently, shaking my head, to clear his worries and my thoughts.

"No, I'm just mad at Christa, it's too early in the morning for me to get up." Marco sent me an amused look and chuckled. "Yea sure. You believe that, and I'm gonna go get my lunch." It took me a while to catch on, and I stopped him right before the door. "Marco.... What time is it...?" He looked at me innocently. "Almost lunch time. Oh, and by the way. You better get ready. Christa and you are going to town, to buy some new clothes, for the ball tonight." Your father's counting on you to choose SOMEONE. Most of the kingdom is."

I slammed onto my bed, and groaned into a pillow. "Um... okay. You deal with that, get ready, and um... bye!" I heard the door shut closed, and sat up on my bed. Standing up, I walked over to my closet, and went through the clothes. Picking some out, that were normal, but higher status looking, since I still had to look like a prince, I opened my door, and got ready to head into the town.

When I walked downstairs, Christa ran up to me, and shoved a plate in my hands. "We'll eat on the way there! Now come on!" She grabbed my free hand, and started dragging me over the garden, into the carriage on the path. She shoved me in the open door, that Marco was holding, and he flashed me a sheepish grin while closing the door. Is everyone really going against me today? Great... "Christa. Why the heck can't I just wear something I already have.... AND WHY THE HECK WAS I THE LAST ONE TO KNOW ABOUT THIS!"

Ignoring me, she sat down, straightening her dress, and then looked at Marco, and nodded. Then finally, she glanced my way. "Because if it was up to you, you'd just wear some rag pants, and some old tore shirt. Not happening, AND because you would've found SOME WAY to disappear out of the castle, and avoid the dance. That's why." I rolled my eyes, but agreed on the inside. I will STILL find some way to do that. No matter what. "Eren stop scheming how to avoid the dance, and talk to your sister will you."

I just glared at the back of Marco's head, willing a hole to appear. "And stop burning holes through my head." Ugh, I wonder how people do it. "Eren you're easy to read, that's all it is." That was enough. "Christa! How to the heck! I am not easy to read!" I pouted, thinking that she looked like a creepy doll with that face on. She smiled at me. "Hmmm... You're right, I would look good as a doll." I threw my hands in the air, grumbling out a string of curses. This is unbelievable! How!

Christa snickered. "Eren stop. It really is easy to read you. We're gonna have to work on that. Although... girls do like sensitive guys..." Mumbling the rest to herself, I just crossed my arms again, and looked out of the window. Minutes later, we were in the town, going through, to where these two were dragging me.