Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Jean's POV

Waking up to the sounds of the forest, birds singing and the wind flying trough the tall trees, is something I could get used to. Except, not when the sound of clashing armor is present. Heaving myself up, I let out a puff of air as I slowly walked to the edge fo the platform in the trees, avoiding making any sounds. "Prince! Prince! Where are you! Prince Jean!" All the clammoring woke up Reiner and Bertholdt. Whispering to them, I crouched low, and stared at the soldiers. "Sorry guys. I didn't think they'd actually come looking. Lay back down, I'll go. And remember; three."

Strapping the sword back to my waist, I grabbed the bundle of arrows and my old bow, and slowly climbed back down, without getting noticed by anyone. Bertholdt waved to me from the top, and then retreated. I slowly snuck over to my horse, cooing it to stay quiet. Succesfully getting on without a sound, I pressed my ankles in, and we were off. Getting noticed by the guards, they quickly ran after us, but with their heavy armor, didn't make it far.

I knew I would get punished by my parents, but I didn't care about that right now. Heck, I really, and genuinly don't give two shits. Or one at that. Spurring up my horse, I rode silently back to the place I used to call home, the castle. Even though I still consider it a home, it's not my home anymore. And that hurst me, because currently, I have no place to call home, except the woods, with the

big ass trees.

It's sad, really. But I don't care anymore, it's not worth arguing over anyway. Slowly riding into the courtyard, all the guards turned at me, and one ran off to, most likely, infort the people I used to call parents. Getting off, they walked over to me, and tried to ask me where I was, but I just ignored them, there was only a few people in this castle I was willing to talk to, and actually enjoy the conversation. Oluo, although the man always bites his tongue, he's nice to talk to. And Yrmir, my father's commander. She acted harsh, but had a soft heart. She was also the only who knew where I would run off to, from time to time, and promised, as Bertholdt and Reiner were her friends too, that she'd help with today's task.

No one else would I speak to, unless it was something coming from the cold and broken side of my heart. I wish there was someone else for me to rely on, but sadly... it takes a lot, and LOT to gain my trust, for it was broken too many times. I guess that's just how life goes. The past is in the past, even though it haunts you. The present is now, and yeah, now. The future is a mystery, that we will consider history.

Consider history eh? Yeah, a wise ass said that, don't remember who though. Never really had a reason good enough to. Getting off my horse when I got to the barn, I took the saddle off, and carried it to the hook, where I cleaned it, taking my goddman dear time. Being done with taking care of the animal that was so loyal to me, even with danger on our asses, I strode out into the garden. Walking around, I listened to the servants rambling on the other side of the bushes. "...Did you hear.... King Grisha's son... ran away.... no one knows.... yeah. They said he.... last night...sister alone..."

Raising a brow, I walked on, acting as if I was ignoring their conversation, even though it interested me. So that idiot ran away? Last night? Information sure travels fast. But that's only because people like to chatter and spread private information. Why? He had everything that he wanted, a nice sister, a loving family. Oh, well... his mother had died, but he still had his father and sister with him... I on the other hand, have lost my parents to something they can't come back from. He should consider himself lucky, little bastard.

Ignoring the servant's stares, I walked towards my room, trying to keep up my confident aura, even though it was slipping away trough the cracks. The cracks I cover by myself. "Damn it!" My fist slammed against the wall, my exterior finally cracking into little bits, slowly getting carried away by my anger. A few of the servant's walking down the halls looked at me, and quickly scurried off when I gave them a glare. Huffing, I took slow breaths, trying to calm myself. Straightening my back again, I took small, shaky steps toward the door in view.