Here Comes Trouble

While Meg and Peg were working on their flowers, Sofia just read some of Miss Nettle's books, heartbroken that her boyfriend had quit—and it was all Ruby and Jade's fault. Meanwhile, Mrs. Prescott was chastising Ruby and Jade for the damage they'd done.

"What you did was rude and disrespectful," Mrs. Prescott scolded. "Imagine how you would feel if someone made fun of something you were wearing. Do you know that everyone—include men—wears pink during October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month?"

"But that's different—it's to raise the awareness," Jade said.

"No, it's not different," Mrs. Prescott glowered. "It's okay for men to have a girly streak, like it's okay for girls to have a tomboy streak."

Suddenly, everyone heard the other girls screaming their heads off.

"I wonder what's going on," Mrs. Prescott said.

Mrs. Prescott, Jade, and Ruby ran over to see what was wrong, and what they saw was horrifying. There were two huge ferocious potted tigers with petals around them, and they just kept getting bigger and bigger. Sofia and Miss Nettle used their fairy wands to blast the roots, but the tiger flowers just kept getting bigger.

"What are those?" Sofia gasped.

"Those are my Tiger Lilies," Miss Nettle replied. "They're the most difficult flower I've created—even more difficult than the Nettledrop and Wake-Upsy Daisy."

"Everyone, take cover!" Mrs. Prescott shouted.

Everyone left the greenhouse to hide from the Tiger Lilies.

"Why are those Tiger Lilies getting bigger?" Mrs. Prescott asked.

"The question is, who planted those lilies in the first place?" Sofia asked.

Ruby and Jade realized they were the ones who planted those lilies.

"That would be us," Ruby spoke up.

"You?" Miss Nettle asked.

"We were so busy laughing at King Garrick and Grimtrix that we didn't realize that we picked up the Tiger Lilies," Ruby confessed.

"Come to think of it, we didn't pay attention to the instructions either," Jade gulped.

Everyone groaned in anger and annoyance.

"Oh, great—you wound up not only hurting Hugo's feelings for making fun of his dad and uncle but also putting us in danger," Sofia growled. She jumped out of her hiding place and used her Enchantlet to lasso the Tiger Lily, but it just picked her up with its leaves.

"Oh, what are we going to do?" Peg asked.

Meanwhile, Hugo, Garrick, and Grimtrix were still on their way home.

"I'm sorry for what happened, champ," Garrick sighed.

"It's not your fault, Dad," Hugo said sadly. Suddenly, his Enchantlet started beeping and glowing—that's when a rope came out and formed a circle, showing Sofia.

"Hugo, we need help!" Sofia cried.

"What's wrong, Sofie?" Hugo asked.

"Apparently, Ruby and Jade were so busy making fun of your dad and uncle that they didn't pay attention to what they were doing—not only did they not realize they picked up the Tiger Lily seeds, but they weren't paying any attention to the instructions," Sofia replied. "Now the Tiger Lilies have gotten me, and Miss Nettle doesn't have an antidote to stop them."

"Don't worry—I'm on my way," Hugo declared.

But as soon as the conversation was over, Garrick asked, "How exactly can you fend off those lilies, Hugo? If Sofia and Miss Nettle can't stop them with their wands, then you can't stop them with yours either."

That was true, but Hugo had an idea. "I might have an idea," he smiled. He and his father and uncle turned to fly back to the greenhouse.

Meanwhile, the other Rosebuds were scared—there was nothing they could do to stop those vicious lilies.

"What are we going to do?" Meg asked.

"Is that Prince Hugo?" Peg asked.

The Rosebuds saw Hugo, Grimtrix, and Garrick flying down. Grimtrix and Garrick stayed with Mrs. Prescott, Miss Nettle, and the girls. Hugo flew up to the flowers and blasted the leaves with his wand, causing a lily to drop Sofia—but he caught her in his arms.

"Thanks, Hugo," Sofia smiled.

"Not a problem," Hugo smiled back. "Now I have an idea to stop those Tiger Lilies." He guided Electra back down, and he and Sofia ran into the greenhouse. "Get your fairy wand out. On my signal, we conjure up some skunks to spray the lilies in the roots."

"Okay," Sofia nodded, taking her wand out.

"Now!" Hugo instructed.

"Stripeus stinkidus!" Sofia and Hugo chorused.

With a flick of their wands, Sofia and Hugo conjured up some skunks, and the stinky little creatures sprayed the lilies' stems and roots. In fact, they were spraying so much that the spray was getting around the greenhouse. The stench weakened the Tiger Lilies so much that they wilted and disappeared. After that, Sofia and Hugo made the skunks disappear, but the stench got onto them because they were in the greenhouse when the skunks were spraying. They got out of the greenhouse, coughing like crazy.

"Well, that's it—the Tiger Lilies are gone," Sofia coughed.

"That's great, but what's that smell?" Mrs. Prescott blanched.

"We conjured up a few skunks to spray the lilies," Hugo replied. He turned to Miss Nettle and said, "Sorry about the greenhouse, Miss Nettle."

"It's fine, dear," Miss Nettle said, pinching her nose. "I think I can clean up this mess."

Grimtrix conjured up a spray bottle of the potion to remove the stench. "This potion should help get that smell out more easily," he said.

"Thanks," Miss Nettle smiled.

"I think we'd better call it a day," Mrs. Prescott declared. "Let's go back to Enchancia."

"Sofia, you'd better ride with me," Hugo said.

"Okay," Sofia nodded.

Mrs. Prescott and the other Rosebuds got into the royal coach, and off they flew to Enchancia.