Everything is okay

Once everyone returned to the castle, Ruby and Jade were apologizing to Hugo, Grimtrix, and Garrick.

"We're really sorry for thinking you look ridiculous in pink," Jade apologized. "You were right—men wearing pink is like girls wearing blue."

"And it'll never happen again," Ruby promised.

"Well, Prince Hugo, are you still willing to quit being a Rosebud?" Mrs. Prescott asked.

"I think I'll stay," Hugo smiled.

Everyone cheered, happy that Hugo is still a Rosebud, but then they coughed heavily from the stench.

"I think we'd better get home, so you can take a bath and get that smell out," Garrick said.

"And maybe the rest of you Rosebuds should get back to Dunwiddie before you forget to breathe," Sofia said.

"Great idea," Mrs. Prescott agreed. "We'll save the cheering for the next time we meet."

Mrs. Prescott, Meg, Peg, Ruby, and Jade got into a carriage and rode back to Dunwiddie.

"I'll see you later, Sofie," Hugo said.

"Okay, Hugo," Sofia nodded.

Once Hugo, Garrick, and Grimtrix were gone, Sofia entered the castle and saw Cedric.

"Princess Sofia, how was...?" Cedric began to ask, but then he smelled the stink on her. "Skunked again? I'd better get started on that potion. Hopefully, you still have that soap to wash the smell off yourself."

Meanwhile, Hugo, Garrick, and Grimtrix made it home. Luckily, Grimtrix had a premade bottle of the potion ready to pour into the tub, but he needed to make a bigger batch for Hugo's ensemble. While Grimtrix went to make more of that potion, Garrick went to get the bathtub ready, and Hugo went into his and Axel's bedroom and saw his older brother.

"Hey, baby bro, back so soon?" Axel smiled. But then he smelled that horrible odor. "What is that smell? I know you've been hitting puberty, but this is ridiculous."

"Long story, and I'll explain later," Hugo said, barely breathing from the smell.

An hour later, Sofia came to Hugo's palace, wearing her usual pink and purple dress, and Hugo was wearing his default tuxedo. They both told Axel and Samira what had happened with the Rosebud troop today.

"You got skunked all because Ruby and Jade were mocking Dad and Uncle Grim for wearing pink?" Axel asked.

"Yes, and conjuring up those skunks may not have been the best idea—we could've killed the plants and ruined Miss Nettle's greenhouse," Hugo said.

"Oh, it's not your fault," Samira said. "I just hope those girls will think twice before they make fun of men for having girly streaks."

"Speaking of which, I don't think I've found mine yet," Axel said.

"I'm sure it'll come to you," Sofia smiled.

"That doesn't mean we can't come up with a few ideas," Hugo said.

"Not at all," Axel smiled.

"To be honest, I can't wait for what to do next as Rosebuds," Hugo smiled.

"Me neither," Sofia smiled. "One thing: if I'm ever going to get stinky, it's better to let my underarms get sweaty than get skunked."

"Or at least get sprayed by that Skunky Sunflower," Hugo chortled.

Everyone started laughing—now that's something worth laughing at.

This had to be one of the biggest lessons ever heard. Making fun of a man for wearing pink is like making fun of a girl for wearing blue. This situation was like Sofia trying out for the flying derby team and Hugo joining the Enchanted Ice-Dancing Class. Sofia hoped nothing like this will ever happen again, and she and Hugo felt sorry that Meg, Peg, Ruby, and Jade didn't get their Enchanted Gardening badges yet thanks to that stinky situation.