CHAPTER THREE

"Luke searched for it

"Luke searched for it. He looked for it for a long time." Rey said enthusiastically. "He nearly found it!"

Sol lowered herself onto a nearby crate.

"He said to get there you need one of these." Rey turned the book towards Sol. A drawing of a pyramid shafted object lay in the bottom right-hand corner. It was intricately detailed.

Sol frowned. "I don't recognize it."

"It's a Sith Wayfinder," Rey explained. "They are compasses that lead to Exegol and other places of importance to the Sith."

"In order to stop what we know is coming. I need to finish what Luke started. I need to find Exegol and the emperor. "

"Rey, do you realize how dangerous that's going to be? You would be going into Sith territory and gods know what weapons they have." Sol said, concerned edging into her voice.

"That's why I want you to go with me."

"What?" Sol interrupted.

Rey sat up. "You know the force. You can help me find Palpatine. Please Sol."

Sol licked her lips.

"Fine. I probably wouldn't have been able to get out of this anyway."

Rey smiled and reached forward to hug Sol. Sol tentatively hugged her back.

"Thanks," Rey said then hastily stood and ran off.

Sol sat there for a second mulling over what she had just agreed to.

"You have that look again. What are you thinking about?"

Sol whipped around in her seat. Leia had made her way over.

"She's so ambitious," Sol said. "Rey has a habit of just jumping into action without thinking."

"She reminds me of Ben," Leia said taking the spot where Rey had set.

Sol smiled. "In a way she does. Both stubborn and hardheaded but doing what they believe is right."

There was a moment of silence between them as they reveled in their thoughts.

"I will bring him home Leia. Not only for us but I've felt it. He wants to come home, but he's so scared of leaving." Sol said quietly.

The general nodded sympathetically.

"You are doing more than I could ever ask for."

"I'm doing what I believe is right."

The next morning Sol was up bright and early. She changed into fresh clothes Leia had provided but she kept Luke's cloak. Clipping her lightsaber onto her belt, Sol was ready to go. She had decided to leave her ship in the care of the resistance, and they would be taking the falcon. Sol met Rey by the front of the base so they could walk to the falcon. Rey showed up quickly, looking eager to start their adventure. Together they walked over to the falcon where a crew was working on last-minute preparations. Sol noticed Poe and Finn walk over and she tapped Rey's shoulder and nodded to them. Rey turned from where she was examining the falcon and walked over to Poe.