『42』

³⁄₇|𝟟

Hoseok's feet strategically hit the floor as he runs the choreography he wrote with his group again. The performance is tonight, so they're just repping it in an attempt to push their nerves away. Once they finish the choreography, Hoseok sends them on a water break, everyone's breaths heavy from doing so many continuous reps. Hoseok's back slides down the wall until he's sitting on the ground with a water bottle pressed to his lips.

Their practice ends in time for lunch, them having been at it for four hours this morning. Hoseok makes his way by the locker room to shower. He feels too sweaty to really go anywhere at the moment.

He meets Namjoon at lunch, Seokjin having a project he now works through lunch on. Apparently, he's doing another short film. Yoongi has a class during their lunchtime, so they can't do much about that. "Hey, Hoseokie-yah," Namjoon beams as Hoseok sets his backpack down by his usual seat.

"Hey Joon-ah," Hoseok smiles back. "I'm going to go get some food," Hoseok announces to Namjoon before leaving to grab a tray. He gets him something that will sustain him to eat and some side dishes that make his mouth water a little bit. When he comes back to the table, Namjoon has already eaten half of the food on his plates.

"Are you ready for the performance tonight?" Namjoon asks as Hoseok splits the chopsticks to eat.
Hoseok nods, looking at his tray and surveying which food he wants to eat first. "I think we're ready as we'll ever be," Hoseok says before taking a bite of meat into his mouth. "You guys are still coming, right?" Hoseok questions after swallowing, looking up at Namjoon.

"Hoseok-ah, we're literally the ones taking you to the theater. Of course, we're coming," Namjoon laughs a little before the two of them get absorbed in eating their food.

Once they finish their lunch, they walk to their next classes together as far as they can until they have to go to different buildings.

Hoseok spends his time in class thinking about his upcoming performance. He's been working on it ever since they came back from break, and they finally get to show it an audience tonight. Hoseok barley registers the professor dismissing them, only noticing the large quantities of students leaving the classroom. Hoseok quickly throws his stuff into his backpack and rushes out of the room and to his next class.

Hoseok lets out a sigh of relief when he is finally done with his last class of the day, walking out of the building he was in and to where he meets his matches every day after his classes.
Hoseok immediately spots Yoongi sitting at their meeting table, him finishing his classes a little earlier than everyone else. Hoseok plops in the chair across from the older, immediately catching his attention.

"Hey, hyung," Hoseok says with a small wave.

"Hey, Hoseok-ah," Yoongi responds, a light smile slowly forming on his face. By the time all of them are in the car and on their way home, Hoseok can't distract himself from the upcoming performance. He keeps running the choreography in his head and pinpointing on certain things he needs to make sure are sharp and clean.

When they do get home, Hoseok just walks into his room, sets his backpack down, and flops on his bed, still in his thoughts. He has a few hours until they have to head back to the University and to the theater. Hoseok sits up in his bed and runs a hand through his hair, feeling more anxious as time goes by. Then, the door opens and a concerned Seokjin, Yoongi, and Namjoon walk in. Seokjin has a pout on his face. "Hoseok-ah," Seokjin gives Hoseok a worried look before crawling onto the younger's bed and enveloping him into his arms. "Stop stressing about the performance. You're going to do great," Seokjin comforts before the other two crawl onto the bed to hold Hoseok as well.

"Hoseok-ah, you're stressing me out, and I'm not even the one performing," Yoongi mumbles, his arm holding Hoseok around his waist. Namjoon somehow manages to wedge himself behind Hoseok so that Hoseok's back is pressed against the younger's chest, the three of them now holding him in hope that it'll comfort him.

"I can't help it. I want- I need to do great tonight," Hoseok tells his matches, the three of them holding him a little tighter at his words.

"Take a breath, Hoseokie-yah," Namjoon whispers into Hoseok's hair before pressing a kiss to the top of his head. Hoseok does as he says, taking a deep breath. Then, he takes another one, starting to feel a little better. The calmness Yoongi and Seokjin hold also help him to come to a state where he's more focused on the men around him than his upcoming performance.

The four of them talk about this and that until they've been in Hoseok's small bed for an hour, slowly beginning to lose feeling in some of their limbs. Hoseok is also uncomfortable. He needs to pee. They all untangle from one another, sensing the discomfort in each other.

After regaining feeling in their limbs, to fill the time they have until Hoseok's performance, they play some cards. Namjoon naturally suggests five-card draw, but Seokjin shoots the younger down with a small bit of scolding, not wanting gambling in his house or something like that.

They settle on spoons, and after a couple rounds it's already been another hour, and Hoseok decides that he needs pack for the performance. He even tells the others that they're going to leave earlier than planned so that Hoseok can make sure that everything is in place for the performances.

They leave thirty minutes early because of Hoseok. When they get there, Hoseok shoos them away from backstage, saying that he needs time to prepare alone.

Hoseok meets his teammates as they arrive, them slowly getting into their outfits together. Of course, other groups are also performing tonight from the choreography and dance performance departments, so backstage is bustling with different, exciting energies. "Neuron, five-minutes!" Hoseok jolts up even though he's standing. That's his group's name 'Neuron'. He and his group get lead to the side of the stage see the other group starting their performance. It seems like their performance only lasts five seconds before he has to put a serious expression on his face, and he's walking out on stage. His eyes immediately search the crowd, landing on three people sitting toward the right of the theater. They all give him bright, encouraging smiles, and at that moment he wondered why he was stressed in the first place.

"Hoseok-ah, that was amazing!" Seokjin exclaims as he pulls Hoseok into a hug after the showcase finishes and they meet Hoseok backstage.

"Yeah, Hoseokie-yah, that was so good!" Namjoon's the next one to give Hoseok a strong squeeze.
Yoongi doesn't say anything, but the look on his face and the pride Hoseok knows the older is feeling is enough for him to know that Yoongi is proud of him.

≋𝔸/ℕ≋

Ngl this was kinda a filler, sorry. Haha, I just didn't want to dive into plot point after plot point, yk?

Also I really wanted to tease Jimin or something in this chap, but then I realized that he wouldn't even be at uni yet lol. (fun face that was kinda hard to point out. Namjoon got into uni early cause his grades were so good and he showed so much potential!)

I love you!

- AC