Chapter 1 - Why Me?

Yeet heres the first real chapter. Idk if yall can tell but my real personality shows thru the text message scenes lmfaooo. anyways, enjoy lol. 

~~~~~~~~

READER POV:

Then it hit me. 

BTS. The BTS Jenni was always talking my ear off about. The BTS I couldn't stop hearing about was right in front of me.  

My jaw fell open. This had to be a joke. There could be no other explanation to it other than that this was a big fat joke being played on me by some sicko, and it would all be over soon. 

I broke out into a smile and started shaking with laughter, so violently that I almost fell over, stumbling a bit. 

I slowly let my head rise again, looking at the seven confused men with fresh tears of laughter collecting in the corners of my eyes. 

"Shit, we made her cry," Namjoon said frantically, eyes going wide.

I waved my hand in front of me, as if saying no, covering my still laughing mouth with the back of my other hand. 

'I'm laughing, I'm laughing!' I signed, a smile still plastered on my face. 

"THERE! See, she's doing it again, Hyung! She's doing that thing with her hands, like she's making fun of me or something!" Taehyung whined to Suga like a wounded puppy, hoping for some sympathy from him. 

"No - oh god - you idiot. Taehyung, she's signing. It's sign language." Suga spoke with an oh-my-god-how-are-you-so-stupid tone of voice.

Suddenly, Taehyung's eyes went wide as he looked at me in a whole different way, a look of irritation on my face. 

"Oh, um, I'm sorry... this is really awkward then, huh..." Taehyung said slowly and carefully, hand making its way to rub the back of his neck sheepishly. 

'It's fine, don't worry about it.' I signed, exaggerating the 'fine' portion of my sentence, hoping they would understand. 

'Nice to meet you, B-E-E' Suga suddenly signed back to me, spelling my name with care. Now it was my turn to be surprised, eyes going wide, smile gracing to my features. 

I slightly jumped up and tightly hugged Suga, probably scaring the daylights out of him at the sudden contact. 

When I realized what I had done, I instantly pulled back awkwardly, pulling my arms behind my back in embarrassment. 

Suga stood there with a completely unaffected face, seemingly not being bothered at all. 

If one looked hard enough, though, they could raise the argument that he may or may not have been blushing, even if it was just a little bit. 

'Well, it was nice meeting you, I really have to go... yea, I have to go. Goodbye.' I signed frantically and awkwardly, brushing my hair behind my ear when I was done, eyes searching for the front door. I found it and started off in that direction, only to be held back by a strong hand around my wrist. I sighed. This was becoming some strange trend today. 

I turned back around reluctantly looking straight ahead at something that was quite close to my face. I stared, puzzled. 

"A-ah, you forgot your food," Jin said carefully, slowly presenting the croissant and hot chocolate to me, it all starting to make sense. 

I blushed a little at my carelessness and grabbed the two items from his large, warm hands. I brought my free hand flat to my chin and put it forward. 

'Thank you.' And now I was really leaving, whipping around as soon as Seokjin let me go and pushed through the cafe doors, hustling in any direction my feet took me. Ultimately, this was the wrong direction for where I was going, but that was okay for now. I looped my way around the corner of the street and finally started off in the correct direction towards my college.