Chapter 2 - Park Bench

So imma put the picture of whichever member the chapter focuses on, hope thats all cool with y'all. warning, this chapter is graphic (Mentions of assault, and abuse). basically this whole chapter is a flashback, but its important. there are still parts of it with BTS in it, so don't skip this plz. now, on with it!!

~~~~~~~

READER POV:

When the monologue began, I mouthed the words along with the narrator. At the final two words of the speech, a single tear fell from my closed eyes, and just like that, I was home.

FLASHBACK :

I lifted the arm of the turntable and placed it on the already spinning record, relaxing blissfully when the crackling sound came through the speakers, alerting me to the fact that the music was about to start. I lie down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling, enjoying the purity of the sound reaching my ears. 

I listened as the record continued to play, excitement bubbling up inside of me as Act IV: Spaceship was over, knowing that Knee Play 5 was coming on after. 

The first note of the song began, and I immediately recognized it, welcoming the familiarity of the song. Then, the singers joined in, singing the count of the song in two parts. 

1, 2, 3, 4, I tapped my finger on my stomach along with the beat. 

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, I began to hum the soprano part lightly, my eyes closing in bliss. 

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, I raised my lips into a smile, letting the highest note in the song ring out loud and clear through my room. 

Next, the two women join in with a cluster of disorganized, seemingly random words. After hearing the song over and over, I realized, it was not so random after all. It directly reflects the ways in the mind of a genius. 

Oh, how I wanted to have such thoughts. Those thoughts of a genius, so pure yet sporadic, so gentle yet still bold and daring. 

I often times sat here and listened to this opera, more specifically this song in it, when my parents were fighting. It just made things easier. It always drowned out all the curses, all the shattering of glass, all the collisions of fist on skin. 

It stole away my full attention, and I let it happen. 

The violin was beginning now, sweet and melodic. 

The monologue was just starting when my step-father burst through my bedroom door, startling me. 

"The day with its cares and perplexities is ended and the night is now upon us..."

"Bee, get your worthless-" my stepfather began, only to be cut off my the sound of my mother's screaming voice saying: "Bee, turn the music off and get out of here, now! Run, pleas-" 

There was a thud and another scream, soon fading out pitifully. My step-father was back, breathing heavily, bottle of liquor in his hand carelessly. 

"Now, as I was saying, if you don't get your worthless, lazy ass over here in the next five seconds, you will wish your mother got the abortion she should have." he spoke cruelly, eyes raking over my body, making me shiver with disgust. 

"...the night should be a time of peace and tranquillity, a time to relax and be calm..."

I stood, not even bothering to turn off the music, letting it continue playing. I walked carefully over to him, making sure to have all my movements be slow and calculated as to not make a sudden move that may upset him. 

"You're wasting my time, hurry up!" he yelled, getting angrier with me. 

"...we have need of a soothing story to banish the disturbing thoughts of the day..."