.5

I first saw him in his back yard, oddly enough. He sat behind a rose bush, crying while staring at the koi fish pond. I cocked my head as I looked at him, he was a tiny little child with glasses and messed up brown hair. I don't know what I was doing here, to tell you the truth. I had finished a kill, and heard him all the way deep in the forest.

Poor boy was going to get himself killed if he didn't shut up.

I let out a sigh as I walked forward, the buckles on my boots making enough noise to cause him to look up. I paused momentarily, distracted by both his silver eyes that shined so brightly, and the bruise that marred his perfectly clear skin.

I couldn't help my rage at that moment, my eyes flickering to the house as I felt it corse though me. I didn't know who had hurt him, and although I could ask I really doubted he would tell me. Well, I could kill every single soul within that huge mansion, but I suppose that wouldn't be very smart.

I knelt down in front of him, his eyes still wary as he stared across the pond at me. I left his eyes, way too calculating for a three year old, instead choosing to stare at the multicolored fish below me.

"Who are you?" I smiled as I looked back to him, his glasses slightly lopsided while he wiped at his tear ridden face.

"My name is Sang, I'm a, protector of sorts." I watched his eyes light up, the silver in them flickering back to the house I knew to be his personal hell.

"Really? Do you think you could protect my mommy? My daddy is mean to her, and me. But mostly her, I mean." I hated the way his voice lowered, not liking how dejected he quickly became.

"Well, Mr, I can definitely protect both you and your mommy. What's your name?"

"Owen! My name is Owen Blackbourne." I hummed, letting my tongue graze it's way over my pointed tips on my teeth.

"Well Owen, I'll give you something." His eyes were wide, and full with my promise to help him. "I'll give you something that if you draw it, it will call me, and I'll come right away. There's a catch though."

His eyes brows furrowed as he glanced at me, wary ear across his face. "What's the catch?"

"The symbol you draw for me has to be in blood, you're blood my dear." I used my two fingers to draw a symbol on the grass before me, watching it burn and sizzle before the grass growing dead beneath my touch. His eyes widened, excitement glowing as he watch my powers come to life.

"Anytime I need you?" I grinned, his eyes narrowing in on the points that peeled over my lower lip.

"Anytime."

Three years later

Three years later

I felt that tugging within my chest at three am, my world spinning as I welcomed the scene before me. I frowned, an unconscious woman; strike that, dead woman, lay on the floor with a crushed throat and a bruised face. My eyes met her empty ones, causing my frown to deepen.

I know those eyes.

A shriek at the other end of the house snapped my head up, my legs moving quickly to closed oak door. I knew it was heavy, but that didn't stop it from plundering as I shoved my hand through and unlocked the handle.

It opened to a man, dark hair and broad shoulders, holding Owen up by his neck. My hand thrust forward, Owen flying from the mans hand and landing on the floor as the man was ripped and hurdled into the bookcase by his desk.

I moved quickly, crouching down as I met Owens silver eyes. His face was bruised, much like the woman's outside. His eyes were brimming with tears, a handprint along his neck as he stared at me. He whimpered, my own hand gently caressing his cheek before I stood with a growl.

I turned just as a shot rang out, my head looking down at the small hole in my stomach. Blood trickled out, just barely, before my green eyes snapped up and quickly became fully black.

I was pissed.

I had him up by his neck, much like he held Owen. I could see my symbol, pained on the desk barely bigger than three inches. My hand held out, before thrusting into this mans chest. His screams echoed the room, my palm grasping his erratically beating heart before I yanked it out.

His body dropped like a bag of bricks, his now disembodied heart dropping along with it. I glanced behind me to a tearful Owen, my heart breaking at his silver eyes. I didn't know where his glasses were, so I doubted he could see very well. And for that, I was glad. He didn't need to see what just happened.

I reached into the bodies pocket, taking out a cell phone before dialing 911, giving a random word that I knew would bring the Academy in. The Academy didn't know about me, about demons and angels, about anything beyond Earth. And it was going to stay that way, because as much as I didn't want to, I had to leave him.

"Owen, the Academy will help you. You have my symbol, right?" I asked him as I knelt before him again, his body quickly moving to wrap his small arms around me. I nuzzled his head, his sobs causing something to stir in me that hadn't stirred in a very long time.

"Yes Sang, I do." I nodded as I gently moved his arms, pulling his face to look at me. I kissed his forehead gently, before standing tall.

"I'll be back again Owen, eventually."

I left him just as I heard the Siren outside, holding his hand at the front door until then. I kept his eyes looking forward, not letting him see his mother anymore than I had too.

I came to him only two more times after that, all before he was ten. Once, to bring him and another boy together. Another to help create the team, the family I knew he so desperately longed for. I let him forget me then, letting my symbol fade to something he remembers purely from a book. I was a dream, nothing more to him.

And it states that way, for ten more years.