1

I looked at the back of my hand, counting the number of scratches that littered my skin. The coffee in front of me had steam rolling off of it, the dark liquid enticing me as I abandoned my hand and took a sip. I picked the paper I had up, the words scrawled across the page in French rather than English.

I mean, after all I was in Paris.

"Miss Sang?" My head looked up into warm brown eyes, or at least as warm as demons eyes can be. I nodded to Karen, choosing to go back to reading as she sat. "They're still in Charleston, but they've enrolled themselves in a public school near the south end. Named Ashley Waters."

I wrinkled my nose, setting my paper down as I took a sip from my coffee. Why would they be enrolling themselves in any type of school, when the last I'd been updated on them was that they were finishing up college?

"When did they enroll themselves?" I ask as I peer at her over my cup. She grimaces, causing me to set it down quickly, flames erupting at my fingertips. It was a soft glow, a tiny flame, enough to cause Karen's eyes to widen as she roughly swallowed.

"It seems they've been going to the school for almost a year and a half." A growl erupted from my throat as I sat up, her body cowering slightly at my rage.

"How could you have not told me they'd been enrolled that long?" I shouted to her, a breath coming from her lips as she bit them.

"It seems we have a mole, as well as what brought it all to my attention was this." She placed a while mask on the table in front of me, flipping it over to show me the back side. It had my symbol painted on the back, my eyebrows furrowing as I picked it up gently.

"Explain." I commanded quickly, my fingers tracing the edges as she began to speak.

"The mole has been taken care of, a small creature by the name of Mike. He got sucked into the wrong crowd, so to say. Ashley Waters is overrun by creatures, but someone is targeting the Blackbourne team. They've been attacked, their cars run off the road, as well as one of them being drugged at a party last year. Someone is taking demon blood and mixing it with a drug, tainting it. It causing the humans to become wild, attacking others in the middle of the day."

I tightened my jaw, looking up to Karen as I used my palm to set themes on fire. I watched it melt, the plastic burning away to ash as I dropped it onto the concrete floor below me. "I'll be in Charleston in two days, have a house ready for me as well as a record. Make sure I have classes with all of them, and my house better be stocked."

She nodded to me as she stood, blinking as her body left Paris and went back to Charleston. I could only hope if Owen recognized me, that he would think of me as simply a dream.

I glanced back towards the famous tower as I sipped my coffee, glancing back to the newspaper. I lit the corner of it aflame, watching the paper burn into nothing more but ashes. I let out a sigh, I hated the human world.