2

The hallways were animalistic, filled to the brim with the scent of dirty humans that almost made me want to puke. I wrinkled my nose as I walked, going towards the direction of my homeroom.

I made eye contact with dark eyes, almost so dark I'd have thought he was a demon if his soul wasn't so light. He stared at me as if he was studying me, I guess try to figure me out. I furrowed my eyebrows, before sticking my tongue at him. He acted startled, surprised someone would dare do that to him.

Meanwhile the blonde guy in front of him snorted while laughing.

I shrugged as I stepped in, handing a paper to the home room teacher where he sat. He simply pulled a stamp out from the drawer in his desk, stamping it haphazardly before handing it back to me. I glanced down at it as I walked to the empty seat between the two of Owens boys, the stamp not even on the box labeled 'Homeroom.'

"He doesn't pay all that much attention." I glanced up, standing next to my desk with the blood turned slightly to look up to me.

"Like, ever?" He shook his head, my eyes flickering to tall, dark and broody to make sure he wasn't messing with me. He nodded his agreement, watching as I sat down. The guy in front of me turned, his hand pushing his hair back over and over as the bell rand and announcements began over the loudspeaker.

I gently took his hair from his hands, annoyance running through me at how soft his hair was, before twisting it into a bun and pushing a pen I took from my bag through it. I didn't have my clip with me, so this would honestly have to do. He turns to look at me, the tops of his cheeks pink before he glances down. He pulls out his cell phone, typing on it for a moment as the announcements come to an end.

"Idiot." My eyebrows raised as i turned over my own shoulder, North's eyes glued to his phone screen. I raised my eyebrow as he looked up, the corner of his lip turning slightly. "Lucian, my brother-"

"He's your brother?" I turned to glance to blondey, they didn't have any similarities, except maybe their eyes?

"Step brothers, I'm North." North's voice was gruff, the bell ringing to signal the end of homeroom.

"Oh little bro, stop with the semantics. And please, for the love of everything holy, call me Luke." Luke piped up, standing up at the same time I did. I wrinkled my nose, I hated how much taller they all were than me.

"What do you have next?" North asked me as we migrated towards the door, his voice softer than I ever expected his voice to be.

"Uh," I held out the word as I pulled out my schedule, squinting at the typed writing next to the 1. "English in, T-2?"

"That's the trailers behind the school, the second from the left." My eyebrow rose at Luke's words, weren't Owens team here to better the school? Although I supposed all the deaths had been taking up a lot of their time.

"I'll show you, my class is right before the trailers so I'm headed there anyway." I smiled as I waved goodbye to Luke at the door, his smile infectious as he watched the two of us walk away.

He really was beautiful.

The sea of people practically parted for North as he walked, my small frame stuck close behind him. I could smell him even over the musty smell of sweaty teenagers and hormones. He smelt like, motor oil and something else. Something musky and sweet.

I bumped into his back as he abruptly stopped, the tops of my own cheeks warming as he glanced back down at me. That's when I finally noticed the black hoop on one of his ears, my tongue wanting to flick out against it.

I shook myself from my inner horny teenager moment as I glanced to the large window on the back door. I wrinkled my nose at the multiple dingy trailers littering the back lot, a chuckle leaving North at my reaction.