Chapter 1-Memories

Chapter 1: Memories

Disclaimer: I don't own Bleach or it's characters. All rights go to Tite Kubo. I go the picture from Google. I recommend listening to the song at the side while reading this. If your a slow reader you may have to restart it. Let me know what you think of the songs I picked for chapters one and two.

"I wonder, can I keep up with it? The speed of the world without you in it?"-Kurosaki Ichigo, Bleach volume 49.
________________________

(Ichigo's P.O.V.)

"Ichigo!"

As usual I'm woke by my dad trying to tackle me. Jumping out of my bed I narrowly miss a punch to the face. Lucky for him I closed my window last night to keep out the cold air. Unfortunately for him that means he ends up face planting the glass. Once he leaves complaining loudly of the possibility of a broken nose I get ready for school. Once I'm done getting dressed I grab my bag and head towards the door.

"Wait Ichigo!" Kon yells appearing out of my closet.

"Whatever it is Kon make it quick. I'm already late for school." I say resting my hand on the doorknob.

"Ichigo when do you think Rukiawil be back?" Kon asks surprising me. I expected him to ask to come to school with me so he could stare at the girls in my class. I hesitate a minute before answering.

"I don't know Kon," I say truthfully trying to keep the sadness out of my voice, "I guess whenever she has an assignment here."

I leave quickly so he can't tease me about missing her. Yes she changed my world but she's gone and I need to accept that. It might be years before I see her again. Heck I might not see her again until I end up in Soul Society myself.

When I get downstairs Karin has already left for school and Yuzu is trying to stop my dad's nosebleed so I decide to skip breakfast and head in the direction of my school. Pausing in front of the sakura tree outside my house I try sensing spirits. I do this almost everyday foolishly hoping to one day find out that my powers have returned. When I come up empty I continue on my way to school.

Sitting down at my desk I tune out the teacher and stare out the window. Seeing the cherry blossom trees in full bloom reminds me of the last time I saw Rukia. After taking care of a hollow that morning we ended up on the top of a building near the town's skating rink. We stood there for a moment watching people go about their lives without a care in the world.

Smiling I recall her look of surprise when I brought her to the rink after school the next day. Remembering how I had to help her with a juice box when we first met I stayed with her figuring she didn't know how to ice skate either. Once she got the basics down I decided to mess with her a bit for her constant teasing about my orange hair. Skating a few feet in front of her just enough to make her let go of my hand but close enough to catch her if she fell, I watched her momentary panic as she lost her balance and reach for my hand before she caught herself and laughed it off.

Shaking my head to clear it I turn my attention back to the lecture my teacher is currently giving. Sighing I resign myself to another boring school day.

__________________________________________

What'd you think? Good, bad? Let me know! I get discouraged when I see votes but no comments. Dedicated to RestfulMink9 for being the first to vote on this story. Thanks for reading!

Vote, Comment and Follow for more! Have a blessed day guys! ^_^

- RK out!