Chapter 2-Coming Home

Chapter 2: Coming Home 

"Time goes on, but these bonds will never break."-Tite Kubo

___________________________________

(Rukia's P.O.V) 

Everything is going according to plan. Captain Hitsugaya is currently leading Rangiku and the others to Ichigo's class. Head Captain Yamamoto assigned all of us to come to Karakura town to prepare it for the upcoming battle with Aizen. Hopefully we will have enough time to come up with a good strategy to defeat him before he takes over Soul Society. 

But first. . . I think as I watch from my position next to the window outside of the classroom as Renji rudely barges into the room with Hitsugaya and the others close behind. I watch as Ichigo jumps out of his chair surprised. He's cute when he's surprised I think a moment before I step onto the windowsill. 

Rangiku's the first one to notice me and I see her trying and failing ot hide a smirk. This causes the entire room to become eerily quiet as everyone to look in my direction. It's only then that Ichigo being the clueless idiot that he is to turn around and notice me. When he does his face is a mixture of surprise, confusion and joy. He really is adorable when he's surprised. I think as I take in his appearance. He looks the same as I remember right down to his disheveled hair. 

"Long time no see Ichigo

"Long time no see Ichigo." I say in greeting feeling a smirk appear at his silence. A soft smile crosses his face for a moment before remembering were we are and forces his expression back into his normal scowl. When my eyes lock with his it's like we're back at the skating rink watching the fireworks. The same look that's in his eyes now is the same as the one I've seen in my dreams every night since. I couldn't place it then but seeing Ichigo now I'm finally able to name it. 

Love 

Shaking my head I quickly dismiss the thought. There's no way Ichigo would ever be interested in me like that. Not when he has Orihime, the little voice in my head whispers. I don't hold it against her, she's one of my best friends and the closest thing I have to a sister. 

"Yo, Rukia what are you doing here?" Ichigo asks interrupting my thoughts, finally over his shock. 

"We'll talk about it when we get back to your place. Now come on Ichigo." Renji says practically dragging Ichigo out of the room. 

___________________________________

I know it's not exactly like the episode/manga but I needed to change it just a bit for this chapter. Dedicated to @KenseiMuguruma for being my hundredth follower. Still can't believe I have that many, you guys are awesome! The photo is not mine.

Comment! Follow! Vote! Please? I want to know what you guys think now that I know people are actually reading this. Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings, I'm not fragile and any advice helps me improve my writing. Have a blessed day guys! ^_^

- RK out!