Chapter 4: The Mate Discovery

Percy POV

      Shortly after I started petting the wolf I realized it wasn't an ordinary one. Artemis told us about the different types of werewolves, and I think this wolf is a part of a quileute tribe. The wolf nuzzled his head in my neck teeth just scraping my scent glands. I let out a tiny gasp at the sensation my wolf side was clawing at me trying to get out, to submit, but I wouldn't let it. It recognizes its mate. That confirms my quileute theory. I resisted the urge to whimper because that would be embarrassing. I asked him if he had a pack, and the wolf nodded it's head. I took a second to take in the wolf's russet fur, and brown eyes, which were looking around, ready to pounce on anything that tries to harm me. I said, "you should probably get back to them, I don't want them to think you were kidnapped." He let out a tiny nod and a bark goodbye before trotting out of the clearing.

I walked back home with a smile on my face. My heart felt ready to burst. When I walked into the house Nico and Thalia noticed my giddiness, and I knew I had to tell them about the wolf sooner or later, so I decided sooner is better.

Thalia said, "what's got you so up in the clouds." "There are a pack of quileutes living on the Rez, and I think one of them is my mate," I said dreamily. Nico asked, "what's his name." How did he know it was a guy. As if he had read my mind he said, "my gaydar was going off, and Thalia hasn't met any cute girls she liked so I knew it was you." I laughed and said, "I don't know his name. He was in wolf form." "Ok then what did he look like," Thalia asked in a curious tone. "He was a beautiful wolf. He has russet fur, and these brown eyes that make my heart melt."

"Speaking of wolves, we haven't seen ourselves in wolf form yet," exclaimed Nico. "Ok lets take turns so we can see ourselves and eachother." Thalia went first, she has a dark navy wolf, and her eyes were the same electric blue they always are. We're all bigger than the average wolf, but not as big as the quileutes. I went next. My fur is jet black and my eyes were the same as my human side. I'm the biggest wolf. Nico's the smallest wolf (cause he's a little bean), and he has midnight black fur, and chocolate brown, almost black, eyes that seem to pierce your soul. I could tell we are going to have a lot of pack cuddles.

Once Nico was finished he changed back to human (yes they change back with their clothes on). Thalia looked at the clock, and soon we all realized it was really late. We headed to bed because have our first day of school tomorrow. Hopefully I won't get kicked out of this one. Despite what people might think though, I'm actually pretty smart. I used to get bad grades because Gabe (step dad Gabe not stepbrother) would beat me if I even showed the tiniest bit of intelligence. I had gotten so used to it that it became a habit, even after Gabe 'went missing'. I even played dumb at camp so they only thought that I was an ignorant, foolish, little boy.

I already knew all of what Annabeth had 'taught' me, but I didn't want to injure her big ass ego. They treated me like a dumbass, and it made me feel awful about myself. I couldn't even save Bianca for poor Nico, and on top of that Hades had wished Nico was the one to die instead of Bia. (That's her nickname). That was when I vowed to protect my little Neeks forever. I won't let anyone hurt my big sister(Thalia), or my little bro(you already know who that is cuz I just told you).

As I lay awake in bed I mull over where everything started going wrong in my life, and how this move will change everything.