Chapter one :- Who is the detective and the clumsy?

"Did you hear about the case on Shinjuku park? They said someone got attacked there."

"Really? What happened?"

"They said the victim saw something big and scary, almost like a wolf attacking them."

"Is it a wild wolf? Oh dear, I don't want to go out late anymore."

"You idiot, do you think this city has a zoo or a forest?! They said it’s a ghost. "

"Woah, are you serious? Now that’s unnatural. What do you think, Haru-chan? "

One of two girls chatting about the attack in the Shinjuku park turned to look at the smaller girl who gasped when her name was mentioned. She froze with a book in her hand that almost halfway to her her bag.

"I-I-I don't know.. I’m not really interested.." She said as she played with her waist-long braided turquoise color hair. Her violet eyes wandered around as she smiled slightly.

"Ah, I guess so.." The two girls look at each other awkwardly before one of them whisper "You shouldn't ask her." Her friend grinned nervously and apologized. 

"Sorry, sorry. But it doesn't hurt to join in converstation, right?" She asked, glancing at Harusaki.

Harusaki quickly stuffs her belongings in her bag before she slings it over her shoulder. She quickly walked out of class, looking at nothing but the floor as she moved.

'My name is Sakaki Harusaki, a 17 year old student and an introvert.'

Walking down the empty road, Haru nervously glances around her surroundings. There are many people walking around, some of them were chatting with their friends, some minding their own business, some not even moving or even alive. Their hollow eyes staring into empty space, skin pale like a sheet of white paper. When Haru walked past them, they head followed, gazing at her with those dead, empty eyes. Haru quickly walked to the empty road at the residential area, avoiding the uncomfortable stares.

'I have a big secret.'

She feel a shiver down her spine, she glanced behind her shoulder and there, following her is a spider-like spirit, with its hundred red eyes staring right through her and its ten legs crawling after her. It had a hundred fangs dripping some kind of liquid. It crawled faster across the wall and road to catch up with her. Haru paled at the sight as she quickly picked up her pace, almost running, trying to get away from the creature.

'I can see ghosts.'

She let out a gasp when she suddenly fell down, groaning in pain as her body hit the ground, hard. She lifted her body slightly to see what she tripped on. The spider that following her is now clinging on her left foot. She smacked the spider away with her bag, shivering in disgust. Haru’s violet eyes widened when she looked around her to see a group of spider spirits surrounding her. She quickly got up and ran away from there as fast as she could, terrified about what the spiders will do if she stayed..

'What happened? They never attacked me before!' She yelled in her mind.

Turning around the corner, Harusaki stopped as she faced a black wall blocking her way. She gritted her teeth when she realized that she was stuck between the spiders and the walls. Her back bumped into the gate of the house and she immediately tries to open the gate and lets a breath of relief to see that  the gate was not locked. She pushed open the gate and ran inside before the gate slammed itself shut, blocking the ghost's way.

She flinched as the ghost began to throw itself at the gate. It’s blood red eyes staring at her from the shadows, making Harusaki feel really scared as she back away from the gate and tried to open the house door. Fortunately, the door too, was unlocked. Haru slammed the door shut behind her and let out a sigh as she slid down to the floor, feeling tired after the long run. Peeking through the peephole, she could see that the ghost is still in front of the gate, guarding like it like they almost didn't want her to leave the house.