Three

"So yeah, I've been worried about you... I appreciated that you stood up for me and all" I zoned out while Veronica was going on and on about how grateful she was, and how awful Adam's death was and yadi-yadi-yada. 

If not for the fact that I was starving for a little bit of human interaction, I'm sure I would've left already. Jude (because apparently, that's his name), somehow got himself accepted into the school without any form of application or time-consuming paperwork, and since he had been attacked by a few attention-hungry girls on the hallway, I left him to suffer alone. The demon was in desperate need to learn some manners. 

"I'm fine, I really am..." I said after a while "It's just... there is a lot on my mind since Adam died... You know if you fight with someone just before they pass it feels like you are partially guilty?" 

Liar

That's what I was. A big fat liar. 

"Oh, I get it... Though it's not something you should blame yourself for... He had a heart attack, no one expected it." She gently placed her hand on my shoulders in an attempt to cheer me up. I slowly glanced at her hand. It doesn't feel warm. I don't feel anything weird, anything that I had felt this morning. Probably because of the context. It's not sexual, and let's face it, Jude is sexual even when he is staring into the abyss, and not saying anything to anyone. He is a demon after all... His actions can't be compared to a sane human being's. 

"I could use a little company. Any plans for dinner? Maybe tonight?" I asked, looking up into her eyes. I flashed her a calm half-smile, yet my mind was screaming at me: You are using her. That's wrong. Stop it. You can't use people like test subjects...

"Oh... you know what? Why not." she seemed almost surprised by her own answer, but I didn't really care much for her reaction I smiled once more and looked at my watch. 

"Do you my address? I live near your dorm. " I glanced up into her deep brown eyes and she nodded with a bright expression. She looked all excited now, as a child. Maybe this is it. The thing that is supposed to happen... The thing that brings my life back to a more normal angle. 

I was never really someone who experienced feeling extremely, or even strongly, so maybe I've been looking for the wrong thing all along. Maybe I thought attraction must be this all-consuming strong urge... maybe it's not for me. I have to give it a shot. 

"Deep apologies, but I'll have to kidnap our mutual friend over here. Say bye-bye to your lady-friend" Jude took one of my arms in his hand and used it like a doll's, forcing me to wave at Veronica, before he pulled me further from the girl.  

"I thought you like attention? Why so grumpy, Jude?" I asked with a pleased smile, seeing the demon irritated for the first time. 

"I have standards."  he said politely, but he sounded a little exhausted, or well, a little fed up. I can imagine, horny college girls can go a little overboard sometimes. 

As we exited the campus, I headed straight to my flat, him next to me. It was somehow uncomfortable, being accompanied by basically a stranger, let alone him, to everywhere I went. 

"I'll have a date tonight. I want you to leave the apartment... go back to hell, or ruin marriages... whatever you do in your free time" I announced as I stepped into my apartment. 

"You seem very excited" he commented sarcastically, but I ignored his remarks. 

"I don't need your nagging, Jude, make yourself useful for once and miracle something fancy for dinner. I want to impress her" biting my bottom lip, deep in thought, I was wondering what dish would do while undressing myself on the top. I need the shower I missed in the morning.