Twenty

/ This chapter will be written in 3rd person, not Seth's POV, take care for that, to avoid confusion... also it's a short one, but bear with me, the next is coming soon. Love ya'll/

The church was dead silent when the tall, dark man had first stepped in, breaking the silence with his footsteps. Though he was by no means small, or light-weight, still, he walked like a cat, carrying the elegance of the predator he was.

There was no one in there, except the newcomer stranger, storming through the building, and the priest, whose panic grew with each second. Every step of the other man, told him, who he is... or at least, what he is.

"How did you come in?" he breathed out in horror and awe at the same time, while the demon stopped right in front of the nave, deep, and disturbed velvet eyes boring into the pastor's petrified ones. The question prompted a small grin onto his lips, a sinister grin that only he could show off in such a manner. 

"Through the door, father" he answered sarcastically. Truth be told, his sole was burning, but he showed no sign of the pain. If you have fallen from heaven, you get used to immense and unbearable suffering, while your wings burn off. After someone had experienced that, nothing could really matter to him anymore. 

"Where's Leon?" he demanded deeply, while the priest shook his head, trying to gain courage under the burning eyes of the demon lord. 

"I don't know" his lips were trembling a little, while the other tilted his head, observing the pathetic sight. He found it repulsive, how easy it was to awake fear in that man, but maybe he just got used to Seth's almost idiotic bravery. 

"That's fine..." the demons wide, sadistic grin sent a shiver down the man's spine. Jude grabbed the priest's throat without even a second thought and started to drag him through the church, then stopped in his tracks and threw him across the hall. 

A loud, painful scream left the pastors mouth, as he hit the cold stone walls. 

"Start praying" he suggested, making his way to his victim, and stepped on his throat, slowly putting pressure on his leg. If there was any sort of guilt, or moral compass alive and working in Jude, he did not show it. His face betrayed exactly no remorse or hardship from the need to torture this man. 

 Just before he thought, he actually needs to cut off a finger or something, he felt the annoyingly holy aura appear behind him, and he lifted his feet, turning towards the newcomer. 

"Judas" he spat out with obvious distaste. The blonde man's face was not as childishly innocent as it was when he talked to Seth. His soft features now settled in a constant frown, yet he was still peaceful. 

"Brother" Jude smiled sarcastically. They never called each other that way, though it was true. They could've not looked more different, though before Jude fell, he was blonde as well. But their faces were polar opposites, Jude's cold but somehow sensual, and Leon's peaceful but dull. Not necessary good and evil, just two sides of the same coin... But the coin itself was dripping from blood and betrayal. 

"Why did you come here-" before he could've finished, the angel was silenced by a strong and well-positioned punch into his stomach. Coughing from the painful experience, he stumbled back, looking up at the demon with a questioning look. 

"Curse me out of heaven... Fine." he began, now appearing behind the angel, and kicking him off his feet. "Ruin my life because of a stupid prophecy... Sure thing" he went on, his voice filled with reserved hatred, as he gave another strong kick to the angel, but this time he managed to block it and slowly got up to his feet, still recovering from the attacks.  

"But if you dare to harm the boy one more time, I'm going to rip your wings out and feed them to you. Did I make myself clear?" Leon has rarely ever seen his brother being openly upset. It was part of Jude's horror, that he always stayed calm, yet violent to a point that no one could predict him really... A manipulator, Murderer, and a soulless sinner... Yet now, his match really bought something out of him, that the angel has never seen before, and was frankly terrified of it. 

"Now I'm even more certain, that the boy has to die" he said while collecting himself, as he prepared if the demon would attack again "Can't you see? The prophecy is coming true, exactly as it was written... The boy is starting to become a monster... And you... You are incapable of staying cold headed." 

"Says the man who sends a teenage girl to stab a teenage boy... Real mature, and holy of you." the demon scoffed, walking closer to the other again, leaving only mere inches between them, but now he didn't plan to harm the other. He wanted to, of course, but he didn't.  

"Whatever Judas' hands have touched, was ought to burn, and turn to dust" He quoted quietly, slowly reaching up and placing his hand on the church walls, while glaring into his brother's eyes. The holy building tried to resist his powers for a little while, but it gave in fast and started to tremble under them, a long crack running through the walls now, beginning from where Jude has touched it. He heard the stories, the rhythms, and all the prophecies of himself for so long, and he hated all of them. His own brother looked at him as if he was a monster... In both heaven and hell, and maybe even on earth, the only person who believed he wasn't Judas, was Seth. Ironically enough, Seth was the last thing that Jude needed, to know, he was, in fact, Judas.

Jude let his power out even more, and now violent flames surrounded the two of them, as they barely noticed the dying screams of the priest burning alive. 

"Judas, he has to die... You know that too, so don't break the rules. You can't defeat both heaven and hell." The angel replied sternly, yet his voice held a little bit of worry. Even he wasn't aware of Jude's limits, let alone Jude, and right about now he thought the demon can't control himself that well. 

What Leon didn't know, is that Jude's anger was very calculated. Even now, he only let it show so the angel would take his threat to heart.  He could've done all that without even so much as a frown on his face.

"All is fair in love and war" the demon mused quietly, letting the flames eat up everything in the room, as he started to make his way out of the church. 

"This is not war" the other called after him, hoping to somehow set the argument in a more peaceful tone. Jude didn't turn around anymore, he slowly walked out of the building, only speaking under his nose, not sure if the angel heard him at all:

"No... it's not war"