Twenty-Six

"Stop taking pictures" 

"I want proof for later" 

"I'm kinda into the mortal..."

"Who aren't you into, Blake?" 

"Guys, they'll wake up, shut the fuck up already" hushed male voices woke me from my deep slumber. At first, I barely woke up, and just pressed myself closer to Jude, hoping I could fall back asleep, but as I took notice of the fact that we had company, I slowly opened my eyes, not very widely though, and peeked out from the Demon's tight hug. 

"Jude... There are strange men in our room" I mumbled sleepily, closing my eyes again since I'm probably dreaming or something. A group of slightly similar-looking men (and a woman) stood around our bed, all of them too tall for me to look up to their faces comfortably, and so I just ignored their presence.

"You really have to stop drinking..." the demon retorted in a raspy, still tired voice, not opening his eyes either. It was obvious neither of us was going to react to the strange occurrence. Jude's arms wrapped around me even tighter, and he pulled me closer to his body, throwing one of his legs over me under the covers, so I had absolutely no chance by now to move, not that I wanted to. 

"Wake up before I slip under the covers with you, Jude" a mocking voice came now, a little stronger than before, and my eyes opened immediately, shooting daggers in the direction of the man who spoke.

"Oh, okay, calm down, I ain't trying to get into that great prophecy of yours" the dark brown-haired man raised his hands in defence, though he was still smiling, obviously only pretending to care about my threatening gaze. I was way too sleepy to acknowledge is taunting jokes, but as Jude also realized, that we did actually have company, he slowly let go of me and sat up, showing me his bare back. 

It was the first time I had seen his scars, presumable where his wings used to be and I was tempted to touch them, but I'm pretty sure that would be quite a bad move from my part. I wondered if they actually ripped it from his back... The scars were too deep for any merciful removal to be suggested, and my heart clenched at the thought of the pain he must've felt. I wasn't Jude's biggest fan, sure, but still, that just seemed cruel. 

"You guys really are clingy" Jude spoke up, with a soft, almost playful smile on his lips. From this expression alone, I could tell the six other were probably the sins... one missing apparently, but I soon found Octavius with my gaze too, so I could become certain of who they were. 

"After that show, you guys put up last night, we had to come... It's no surprise the kid is going to die young when he is that suicidal" one of them spoke up and chuckled, but the siblings didn't join in, they just gave him a glare, that may be left me even more uneasy than his joke. 

"Thank you, Amadeus, that was very considerate of you" the woman spoke, her words tight and sarcastic. She was quite a sight, and nothing like the other female demons I've met so far. She had short, straight and bluish-black hair, fierce cold eyes, and high cheekbones, giving her a cut-throat, but ultimately pleasant appearance. Her face didn't move much as she talked and her posture was straight and elegant. 

I tried to comprehend what Amadeus had just said, and swallowed all my questions, despite feeling like I'm going to choke on the very air I was breathing in. I got out of bed and began searching for some clothes to wear in the magical-closet that stood in the very corner. It always had a variation of clothing, all in my size. 

"The prophecy isn't true, don't worry about this Seth" Jude spoke up in a reserved, calm manner "But if you keep fucking around with Lucifer, he most likely will kill you sooner or later."  he added and I just smiled to myself cynically, before picking a dark green three-piece.