four

═════ ∘◦ ♥ ◦∘ ══════

iv. friends
═════ ∘◦ ♥ ◦∘ ══════

WARNING this chapter is currently unedited and may contain many errors
═════ ∘◦ ♥ ◦∘ ══════

"When's mommy coming home?" Olivia Clarke asked, a tiny spoon in her hand as she pushed around her alphabet soup idly. Her feet swung back and forth under her dining table as she concentrated on her dinner before her.

   "Soon, sweetie. She said she'd be back before dinner, so it shouldn't be long." Scott Clarke, her father, replied with a grin, his curly head of hair moving with him slightly as he turned to his young daughter.

  "Where did she go?" she continued, her high pitched voice light and innocent.

   "Just to the store. We forgot to grab your cereal earlier." he stared at his daughter, the concentration in her eyes making him chuckle.

   "Honey Bees?" she questioned.

   "Yes, Honey Bees, honey bee." he laughed. Even though she was five, everything his daughter said impressed him.

   "Look!" Olivia suddenly exclaimed, pointing at the inside of her bowl. Scott looked at the soup to see she'd spelled out her name in noodles.

   "Good job!" he praised as he gently rubbed her head.

   "Is she here now?" she asked after a few moments of silence.

   "Not yet." he smiled.

   "Now?"

   "No, sw-"

   A knock at the door interrupted their conversation. Scott's eyebrows furrowed as he stood.

   "Did you forget your keys, sweetheart?" he shouted as he neared the door. Olivia perked up, trying to crane her neck to see her mom.

   "Honey, why-" he stopped abruptly, making Olivia frown.

   "Mommy?" she called as she dropped her spoon in her soup, disassembling her name. She hopped off her chair and skipped towards the door.

   "Excuse me, Scott Clarke?" she heard a deep voice speak as she neared her father. Standing behind his legs, she eyed a tall man dressed in a police uniform.

   "Olivia? Earth to Olivia, hello?" Dustin's exasperated voice made her blink. She stared straight ahead to see a hand being waved haphazardly in front of her face.

   "You've reached Olivia." she replied, grabbing Dustin's hand to stop the waving.

   "Oh, good, only took five years." Robin grumbled as she slid off the metal table of the Scoops Ahoy break room.