outfoX

A year ago, the Struckers were having a family picnic. Reed and Caitlin talk about spending more time together. Andy is messing around on a skateboard. He tries to teach Lauren a trick. She gives it shot and falls backwards. Andy grabs her hand. The two are hit with immediate power. They let go and never speak of it again.

In the present

Reed is reflecting on his father and being consoled by Caitlin. Caitlin asks Reed why he's not a mutant. Reed tells her about the serum that suppresses the X-gene. Caitlin thought the gene was random. It can be, but in their case, it wasn't. It came back in Andy and Lauren.

The next day Esme is trying really hard to get the team to plan an attack on Trask. She says they are the last hope for the people inside. Clarice asks if she even knows where the building is. Esme is talking about striking when they don't even know where the place is or how the security system works. Marcos says if they go in blind, they die.

Dreamer checks in on John. He still blames himself for what happened  to Pulse. Speaking of, Dreamer wonders how Esme knew about Pulse. John says it's because she's a telepath. He says he gave up on his friend and they turned him into a monster. He won't let that happen to anyone else. Esme is outside of the room listening.

Lauren and Andy can't sleep either. Andy shows Lauren a book he found in the library about Andrea and Andreas von Strucker, their ancestors. They learn what Fenris is and the damage that the von Struckers caused. Lauren points out that Fenris was apart of the Hellfire Club. Andy says they disappeared fleeing from the X-men. Lauren doesn't like that they were monsters. She makes Andy go to bed.

Lorna dreams that all of her friends have been captured and put in plastic cells. There is a baby crying in the background. She knows it's her baby. She screams because she can't get to her baby. Marcos has to wake her up. She has destroyed their bedroom. Lorna says they have to get into the lab and help those people. Outside of the room, Esme listens to their conversation.

Dr. Roderick Campbell was badly burned in Otto's Strucker's explosion. Agent Jace Turner he thinks the Underground will attack Campbell's lab next. He tells Agent Weeks to get a team together. They have to be discreet about what they do. He doesn't want any attention from Washington.

The first part of the MU's plan is to find out more about the layout of Trask Industries. Sage found a bar that is frequented by the Trask guards. Lorna and Dreamer plan to go there to see what they can find out.

Caitlin wonders what their lives would have been like if Lauren didn't hide her power. Or if Reed's father has told them about their family history. He asks her if she would have done anything differently. Reed tells her about Fenris and how destructive they were. There might be a chance that Lauren and Andy have that same power. Caitlin says they have to be upfront with Lauren and Andy. They decided to tell the kids about Fenris.

At the bar, Dreamer and Lorna flirt with a Trask guard. The guard starts saying nasty things about mutants. Lorna bends a spoon into a pair of brass knuckles and knocks the guard out. Dreamer gets the information they need and they leave.

Reed and Caitlin tell the kids about Fenris. They want them to hold hands and see if anything happens. The first try is a dud. Andy says they need to try again, but they have to want something to happen. They hold hands again. Their hand begin to glow. There's a growing power coming from them that shakes the vault. Reed pries their hands apart and asks what happened. Lauren says it felt like they could have brought the entire building down. That would have killed everyone inside.

The Underground assesses the information that Dreamer got from the security guard. Clarice can't get into the facility without knowing where she is going. Sage tells them there's a power substation nearby. If they can cut the power, then maybe a team can get in before security can detect them. The only problem is, the Underground doesn't have enough people to attack both places at once. Esme reminds everyone.... again... that her family is in that lab. John tells her that no one wants to take down Trask more than he does. But they only have one shot and they can't miss.