twenty eight

i stepped onto the glass, shards digging into my bare feet causing blood to drip.

i look to the little girl, who looked at the 12 dead guards on the ground; and papa. had i blacked out??

"fuck this.. i gotta go." i bend down and look at my blood feet, pulling a huge shard out of my heel.

about to step out of the broke window, i heard sobbing. i turn around to the little girl, who's bawling on the ground. she looked so scared.

"they'll take care of you sesame street." i say, grabbing the railing of the window, again about to step out, when i return my gaze to the girl who is hopelessly attempting to revive him with her tele.

i sigh, rolling my eyes

"come on kid." i usher her to the window, grabbing her shoulders and pushing her to walk out.

i heard guards coming so i instruct her to stay quiet and i put a invisibility spell on her, only i am visible. they'd know her face more than mine.

i heard dogs, i quietly curse to myself, so i grab the girls hand and yank her off with me, we run into the woods searching despairingly for a sign of town. i found nothing, not even the scent of quarry water, which i could smell from all directions when mike busted me out the first time. this was not a good thing.

two hours later

still wandering in the woods, i figures we were far enough, and the girls feet were sore and torn. she looked tired, she was limping.

i sit her down, sitting next to her, touching her knee.

"what's your story?" i ask gently, remember how i was after i came out of the facility the first time. broken, spared of many words, eyes glued to my wrist at all times.

"mama?" she asked grabbing my wrist and looking at my number 010.

i grabbed her hand wrapping it gently with mine

"no, sister." i smile at her, probably for the first times.

"we have to rest up, 12. what do you want me to call you?" she looked at me confused, as if she hadn't understood me.

"c-call me?" she asked, pointing to herself.

i looked at her and then down at the dirt we were sitting on, remembering what i had wanted to call ezra if he were a girl.
elizabeth.

"how about elizabeth? as a name?" i ask looking straight at her. her chapped lips curled into a smile, she nodded. i ruffled her hair

"okay elizabeth, let's get some rest" i lay down, she lays down close, snuggling to me. it was quite cold.

my eyes went blank, as i tried to imagine mike- it was almost impossible when someone thinks your dead, it's hard to astral project them, it's like a block in their mind. i knew brenner had done something to set hopper off so he wouldn't look for me, but i never thought making funeral plans would happen.

eventually i was kind of tuned into him, after hours of nosebleeds dripping into the little girls hair, i saw him.

laying there. crying.
something started to appear, as i approached his bed. something orange and peach colored.

i approaches mikes bedside, and there laid in his arms-

maxine.
someone i had called my best friend
someone i had trusted with my life.

someone who had betrayed me, someone laying in a sweat soaked bed with MY boyfriend. it should be me in his arms, crying about ohr wasted highschool potential, the burden of a child on our shoulders.

as the girl i had trusted layed in the arms of the boy i loved, me and the baby we shared layed on a dirty cold forest floor, glass in my feet and an extra burden named elizabeth.

had this been my fate after all? a face on a milk carton for a few days, a casket for eternity buried in the ground with someone i called my best friend with little mike babies running around as i ran from my past, house to house, couch to couch and kidnapping orphaned children?

maybe it had been true, my fate was determined from the moment i moved that shampoo bottle in melvalds general store in that baby seat to the moment my mom was innocently slaughtered by the man i called my papa for 6 years of my life.

maybe it was.

i could forgive mike, grief shows in funny ways.

however, i didn't think this was grief. maybe a pent up emotion he kept for a while, waiting for me to shatter so he could run off with my best friend. had that been the reason he got with me overall?
i'm overthinking.

i did kiss max, that happened. but this didn't seem like just a kiss.
oh mike, tell me it's not true. how will i get back to you?

i obviously wasn't in hawkins, or where i assumed i was.

where the hell am i??

leave suggestions for the next chapter and vote:
would u rather
have y/n not be in hawkins
or
she was just dehydrated and pregnant, so she went the wrong direction.